Why become a member? ×

Nottingham bass bash - THIS SATURDAY 28th

budget bassist

[quote name='budget bassist' post='353837' date='Dec 13 2008, 07:50 PM']Considering the yorkshire bass bash has now been arranged for the 15th of feb, does that mean there are some people that might not comes to the notts one now? and can those that want to come give me some idea of a preferred weekend/day (saturday or sunday?

Thanks[/quote]
I didnt even know there was one a few months ago but then I havent been here that long.

I'll probably make it as long as it isnt a weekday. I live just north of nottingham so it isnt a hardship. Where is the Grosvenor? Is this the Old Queens Moat House or somewhere else I know by another name? Google isnt being very helpful.

What goes on? Are there stands or is it all just a big jam and GAS-by-proxy session? :)

I have a CIJ 62 RI jazz

[quote name='Geek99' post='353880' date='Dec 13 2008, 09:04 PM']I didnt even know there was one a few months ago but then I havent been here that long.

I'll probably make it as long as it isnt a weekday. I live just north of nottingham so it isnt a hardship. Where is the Grosvenor? Is this the Old Queens Moat House or somewhere else I know by another name? Google isnt being very helpful.

What goes on? Are there stands or is it all [b]just a big jam and GAS-by-proxy session[/b]? :)

I have a CIJ 62 RI jazz[/quote]
You pretty much hit the nail on the head there!

And i'm thinking weekend would best suit everyone.

Do you know where NCN clarendon is? It's right near there, next to the big island next to the forest fields/mapperly

[quote name='budget bassist' post='341474' date='Nov 30 2008, 10:23 PM']Yeah last time we had name tags, seemed a good idea, something we'll be doing again[/quote]
I don't need a name tag, I've got an electric pink rugby shirt with my nickname for that tour (and conveniently, my username)
Reckon I should wear it? It's a bit tight now though...
Zach

I know vaguely where the Clarendon College is - is the Grosvenor a hotel or a pub? We are talking the junction on Hucknall Road and the Mansfield Road right? If so, thats about 50 feet from my first digs in Nottingham many years ago... EDIT - found it - on the left as you go past Clarendon before you turn off left to Hucknall Road.

I dont mind any saturday or sunday but wont be able to come if its the 14th Feb (for obvious reasons) or any other day that friday/weekend/monday as its my partner's birthday. It would seem sensible to avoid the same date as the Yorkshire one anyway. Week before/after perhaps?

Edited by Geek99

[quote name='Geek99' post='354131' date='Dec 14 2008, 11:28 AM']I know vaguely where the Clarendon College is - is the Grosvenor a hotel or a pub? We are talking the junction on Hucknall Road and the Mansfield Road right? If so, thats about 50 feet from my first digs in Nottingham many years ago... EDIT - found it - on the left as you go past Clarendon before you turn off left to Hucknall Road.

I dont mind any saturday or sunday but wont be able to come if its the 14th Feb (for obvious reasons) or any other day that friday/weekend/monday as its my partner's birthday. It would seem sensible to avoid the same date as the Yorkshire one anyway. Week before/after perhaps?[/quote]

Its the pub right on the junction of Hucknall Road and Mansfield Road. Opposite the Moat house.

Still up for this. I'm not sure what I'll be bringing, as it depends what I have! Hopefully the Shuker will be finished by then. I'll bring the ATK if its not gone, Thumb, and my Precision.

Edited by simon1964

[quote name='budget bassist' post='354422' date='Dec 14 2008, 06:17 PM']Depending which house i come from i may be able to meet you at the station and catch the tram and then the bus down with you[/quote]

That'd be great!

Don't know my way around Nottingham that amazigly, not been there much.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='340541' date='Nov 29 2008, 03:47 PM']Also i was gonna bring my reggie hamilton jazz unless anybody wants to see either my tobias or other musicman again[/quote]

Reggie Hamilton would be good - always fancied a try on one of those.

Not sure what amps are on offer, but I'm happy to bring my Mark Bass Jeff Berlin combo along.

And I will have room for a couple of lifts for anyone between Mansfield and Nottingham