Why become a member? ×

Nottingham bass bash - THIS SATURDAY 28th

budget bassist

Right, the date is now set for saturday the 28th of feb '09 from 12-5pm (we HAVE to be out by 5 as someone else has it booked for the evening) at the Grosvenor pub in notts (postcode NG5 2BY), google "the grosvenor nottingham" and you will get a map, a phone number and full address in the first entry if you need any directions. Mark the date on your calendars people! It's in the function room upstairs.

Entry will be £4 per person to cover costs of the room etc and the excess will be donated to basschat or another musical charity. That doesn't limit you in any way though, bring as much gear as you want!

Any suggestions for anything we can do on the day will be considered.

Here are some rules regarding non-basschatters, which are probably fairly important, please respect them:

[b]1.[/b] Any none basschatter should accompanied by a basschatter, and let us know if you're going to be bringing someone, though excluding people isn't what we want, obvously we don't want every tom dick and harry coming along.
[b]2.[/b] Don't bring too many non-bass chatters, this space is paid for by basschat i suppose and it is a basschat event, but i'll leave it up to you as to what constitutes "too many", just be sensible.
[b]3.[/b] If you do bring someone, make sure you know them at least, we all respect our gear and we expect everyone else to act accordingly.

Here's an 'interested' list:
Myself
Machines
Simon1964
Jake_tenfloors
Yorick
LWTAIT
Skywalker
Annoying twit?
Metaltime
Moody
Mewsie
BidRedX
5_string_death
tauzero
The Burpster
Starvolt
geek 99
tinman
mrs tinman
johngh
KevB
Sarah5string
gazm
richvalentine
Smiths_fan

Total: 23

Nobody on this list HAS to commit by the way :)

Edited by budget bassist

There is a thread somewhere about doing a bash a NAS's place in Worcestershire, probably May-ish, so it would be nice if as many as possible can make that to help raise some money for Nick's charities (see the other thread). I will be up for a bash in Nottingham as well as the one in May.

Anybody seen / heard from Moody recently??. Not seen him around for a while.

[quote name='skywalker' post='338632' date='Nov 27 2008, 04:44 PM']There is a thread somewhere about doing a bash a NAS's place in Worcestershire, probably May-ish, so it would be nice if as many as possible can make that to help raise some money for Nick's charities (see the other thread). I will be up for a bash in Nottingham as well as the one in May.

Anybody seen / heard from Moody recently??. Not seen him around for a while.[/quote]
I'd be up for both most likely, though it's up to everyone else

I've just PM'd moody, apparently he was online earlier today, probably lurking.

[quote name='Annoying Twit' post='338637' date='Nov 27 2008, 04:48 PM']Notts? In Feb.

[Thinks hard]

I was thinking that maybe after a year or so my playing wouldn't be so embarrassingly primitive that I could go to a bash. Maybe if I wrap my hand in bandages and pretend it's sprained I could get away with it.[/quote]
Haha i'm not that good either

Edited by budget bassist

I'd go for the Grovesnor again - awesome venue and a steal.

I'll bring the Mark Bass, Line 6 Floor POD, I'll also have a word with the Girlfriend and possiblly bring her Dad's Orange, Mesa Boogie or Trace Elliot (god I love that girl!!!) :) :huh: :huh: :huh:

Feb is good. So long as it's not cold :huh: :o :huh:

Still very much alive, working flat out trying to learn 8 bloody songs for Dec 20th before I die on my arse!

John

The uni may be cheaper/free, good for smaller numbers. Though i think the grosvenor was about £50 ish. I was thinking if we get a good number of definites we could charge £3 entry and whatever is left over could go to a music charity. What we did last year worked, although some people ended up paying more than others.

Sounds cool, i'd bring my rig but i have no way of getting it there and it's not that interesting anyway! :)
I'll bring a couple of basses though, my frankenSUB for sure!

Edited by budget bassist

[quote name='Moody' post='338777' date='Nov 27 2008, 06:33 PM']I'd go for the Grovesnor again - awesome venue and a steal.

I'll bring the Mark Bass, Line 6 Floor POD, I'll also have a word with the Girlfriend and possiblly bring her Dad's Orange, Mesa Boogie or Trace Elliot (god I love that girl!!!) :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Feb is good. So long as it's not cold :o :huh: :lol:

Still very much alive, working flat out trying to learn 8 bloody songs for Dec 20th before I die on my arse!

John[/quote]

it's horrible isn't it? i got nine to learn and then i gotta write 2 more basslines by the 22nd. and then i'm in year 11 and have got tons of coursework to do. then i got to fit at least a couple of hours of basschat in a night. i have no spare time any more :) cos playing bass and basschat are real hardships.

[quote name='Moody' post='338777' date='Nov 27 2008, 06:33 PM']Still very much alive, working flat out trying to learn 8 bloody songs for Dec 20th before I die on my arse![/quote]

haha, i am TOTALLY coming to see that. am i allowed to attempt to distract you at all?

x

edit to say i'd quite like to come to the bassbash too.

Edited by mewsie