Why become a member? ×

New bass help

Mr Mike

Hey guys I’ve had a bit of a change of faith music wise and decided to clear out most of my high end gear. My Music Man will be up for sale in the next few days along with a few cabs. I still want to have a bass around the house for when inspiration hits so I’m looking to spend £200-£300 and a new bass. Any recommendations?

[quote name='Rayman' post='35545' date='Jul 22 2007, 01:58 PM']As in other simillar threads, I'd say the same thing..........Squier Vintage Modified Jazz and Yamaha BB414, both great basses.[/quote]

+1 for those. And the OLP MM3 is worth a look if you currently play a Music Man.

I've seen Fender Highway One Jazzes and Precisions on the 'Bay for around £250 (from the US)...these seem incredibly good value secondhand, but obviously you have to factor in shipping and duties. Aerodyne Jazz basses (the versions with the pick guard) are great value - see my avatar - I owned one for a while until a disparate cash shortage forced sale.

P

Edited by NancyJohnson