Why become a member? ×

A video snippet of a jazz function gig...

Mikey D

This was filmed when we played at the Derby food and drink festival a few months ago...First time I played the tune, from a badly written chart.

Thought I'd just share it:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BL689PWQNM"]MC4 - Break City[/url]

Hope you enjoy it, ableit the fact it is very short.

Yeah I tend to go every week on the thursday. I haven't played at it yet as I am not too confident about my upright abilities (they occasionally have an electric bass there). It is a little quieter than usual now that the students have gone, but come september it will be the busiest night there.

There is also a jazz/funk/soul tye of jam every other wednesday aswell which I have played at.

You should head along sometime if you are free.

Yeah, i'm going to come to the Wednesday one sometime...i'm looking forward to it!!!

I've just booked my band in there for October 13th, really stoked about that, should be awesome!

What are the Wednesdays like then? Is it a decent standard, do they welcome people who don't have a great deal of knowledge about jazz but plenty of enthusiasm... :)

Overall the standard tends to be higher on the thursday as you have the jazz students and teacheres there, the wednesday ones can on occasion be a bit too samey with mainly 12 bar blues being called or footprints, but of course everyone is welcome and it is a good atmosphere to just get up and give it a go. Let me know when your heading up there, would be good to meet.