Why become a member? ×

Yorkshire Bass Bash - 15th Feb '09 (NOON - 5 PM)

Born 2B Mild

[quote name='TK4108' post='410282' date='Feb 15 2009, 06:49 PM']Sorry for the delay. Here is a link to the photos. Thank again Keith and Phil! What a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

[url="http://picasaweb.google.com/kithdotus/YorkshireBassBash2009?feat=directlink"]Yorkshire Bass Bash 2009 Photos[/url][/quote]

Thanks a lot M!

Great photos - whoever took those did a really great job!

Some fabulous looking basses on display but to the unitiated, there's no way of knowing what was what exactly.. Thought the 'Prosebasses' looked great, but there were some other really interesting looking creations too, so if anyone can explain in more detail that'd be helpful?

It's definitely given me Bass Bash GAS! ;)

[quote name='TK4108' post='410282' date='Feb 15 2009, 06:49 PM']Sorry for the delay. Here is a link to the photos. Thank again Keith and Phil! What a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

[url="http://picasaweb.google.com/kithdotus/YorkshireBassBash2009?feat=directlink"]Yorkshire Bass Bash 2009 Photos[/url][/quote]

excellent pics

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='410259' date='Feb 15 2009, 06:20 PM']It was nice hearing my fretless being played by people who play the fretless properly. A real eye-opener.[/quote]

Sitting having a noodle on that I realised why 'tea leaves' get the urge !!!
My fave bit of kit of the day by a country mile.

Always a plez to meet BCers old and new , many thanks to all who organised the day.

Excellent use of a Sunday afternoon even though I got bugger all in the raffle!!!

Love this picture! Thanks man!

Anyway, great day!!

Thanks M2BM & Yorks5stringer for all their hard work! And Al for the lift ;)

Jake

Thanks B2BM & Yorks5stringer for organizing such a good event and TK4108 for being photographer for the day.
Great to put faces to names and see the myriad of equipment available. Really interesting to see differing attitudes and approaches to basses and playing.
Loved playing Spoombungs Wal....
Looks like I'll be having a trip to the North East one ;)

Edited by Prosebass

I'd just like to thank everyone for a great day. It was great to expand my knowledge about what faces I can put to names, especially so when you have a major 'it's a small world' moment like I did today.

I see that my Harlot wasn't camera shy. Am I allowed to say that it's my favourite bass, alongside many really great instruments.

Loved the Wal Kev, although I know I wasn't alone there.

Peter

Looks like a great venue and a good time was had by all.

[quote name='ARGH' post='409778' date='Feb 14 2009, 10:25 PM']Aww bugger,I was looking forward to meeting you and your ERB Mark....Ive not met anyone else with more than 6 in the flesh.[/quote]

[quote name='david_l_perry' post='786' date='Feb 14 2009, 10:43 PM']Arses...I was really looking forward to meeting you pal...and seeing your completed 9 string...

Hey ho...Got Alans Northern bass bash later this year...

Dave[/quote]

Apologies again guys. I will make an English bass bash at some point. Gives me a chance to go back to the homeland.

Thanks Phil for organising this. Sorry I couldn't stay longer, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Waterontyne's basses were my favourite - I guess that makes me some kind of old fashioned purist!

Thanks again,

Martin

PS what did ticket 30 win???

Curses! I've been snapped in a couple of pictures!! Us fat people are notorious for being as camera-shy as we are salad-shy.

Lovely to see some familiar faces and meet some new people, would liked to have stayed for longer but had to head off unexpectedly at three. Hellos to Mr Bassman, GreeneKing, B2BM and Niceguyhomer, none of whom I think I'd met before, and to ARGH, Dr Dave and Y5S who I had. Some craaaaazy basses on show there today!!

[quote name='Kirky' post='410529' date='Feb 15 2009, 10:15 PM']Thanks Phil for organising this. Sorry I couldn't stay longer, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Waterontyne's basses were my favourite - I guess that makes me some kind of old fashioned purist!

Thanks again,

Martin

PS what did ticket 30 win???[/quote]

Some CD's

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='410550' date='Feb 15 2009, 10:31 PM']That was one of mine Ross, or at least the Corina Warmoth with birdseye maple was.

It's got an ACG02 in it.

Peter[/quote]
I swore off P's today...But I wanted to play that.....

WHere do you live?

I HAVE to try it!