Why become a member? ×

Yorkshire Bass Bash - 15th Feb '09 (NOON - 5 PM)

Born 2B Mild

As I have the time to do this, and following some encouragement from jake_tenfloors and Yorks5stringer, I am going ahead with sorting out a Yorkshire Bass Bash for February.

I have found a good venue in Harrogate. It is a snooker club which has an adjoining events hall. It has a bar, sandwiches, plenty of free parking, no stairs, and we can have it for free on Sundays, noon to 5pm. That's on the understanding that we leave it as we find it and he does some business over the bar (BigBeefChief – that’s your job).

The room itself is large and square. It is carpeted except for the wooden dance floor and stage. Gigs are held there. Tables and chairs can be put out whilst rigs can be set up around the edges.

So, the only thing to do is to agree a date.

Please do the old poll thing above.

Edited by Born 2B Mild

15 and 22 are in half term. Could be ok but it will depend on the rest of the family. 1 and 8 fine.

Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst, I am prepared to help clean up after any little accidents we might have :)
I offer that to make up for not having any exciting skills or kit to show off :huh:

Can we have the address?
Thanks

Edited by 2wheeler

[quote name='timloudon' post='348393' date='Dec 8 2008, 10:21 AM']I don't mind.

Sounds good though. How far away would it be from the train station?[/quote]
c.8 walk from Hornbeam Park. If carrying gear, I dare say someone will give you a lift, but we can sort that out nearer the time. I hope you make it!

[quote name='MikeB' post='348505' date='Dec 8 2008, 12:27 PM']Sounds interesting, but never been to one of these does before. What's the "form"?[/quote]
At its most basic, some folk will bring their rigs, FX and basses, others will come just to look and maybe have a go.

If anyone 'in the trade' wants to exhibit, do set-ups, etc. they are welcome, by prior arrangement. It's all free, except the bar.

Suggestions for making the day more interesting, are also welcomed.

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='348602' date='Dec 8 2008, 01:49 PM']It would be good to have someone really knowlegable do a little talk on something..... how about dragging Jim Fleeting along perhaps?

plus obligatory Raffle of course....[/quote]
The JimMeister has been invited and is indeed intending to come. He may well be coerced to spout wisdom too. Can you contact Jon and lure him to bring somer Shukers too, Keith?

[quote name='artisan' post='348387' date='Dec 8 2008, 10:14 AM']nice one i'll try to get to this one,if i can get the missus to give me a lift up there as i don't have a car of my own.
might take my ampeg rig & a fender or three. :)[/quote]

if you'r gonna be stuck for a lift give me a shout. i may not have a car by then (damn credit crunch) but we do live next to a train station and (i assume its) the manhattan is net to a trian station! just dont try lug your ampeg on it!

three cheers for born 2 b mild!

Will

p.s. i dont mind when it is.

p.p.s get a poster/flyers up in rock steady, abc etc? also i'll spread word round to my non-internet loser bass mates about it.

Edited by Rusty Shackleford

[quote name='Rusty Shackleford' post='348674' date='Dec 8 2008, 04:50 PM']if you'r gonna be stuck for a lift give me a shout. i may not have a car by then (damn credit crunch) but we do live next to a train station and (i assume its) the manhattan is net to a trian station! just dont try lug your ampeg on it![/quote]

:huh: cheers Will you're a star.

the ampeg's got wheels,if we push it there it's down hill on the way home :)

Hi,
I'd really like a few more votes before fixing the date with the venue. So if you are hoping to come, please [b]do the poll[/b] if you haven't already.

Once I have the date firmed up, I'll post the venue's details.

Ta,
B2BM

[i][size=3][color="#000080"][font="Comic Sans MS"]I'll give thee a Yorkshire Bash[/font][/color][/size][/i]

OK, we now have a date ...Sunday 15th Feb 12 noon to 5PM.

The Manhattan Club, Harrogate.

Map etc [url="http://www.manhattanentertainments.co.uk/index.php"]on their website[/url]

Rusty, can you do a poster for Rock Steady, plus anywhere else you think its worth putting one up, please?

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='352530' date='Dec 12 2008, 11:10 AM']OK, we now have a date ...Sunday 15th Feb 12 noon to 5PM.

The Manhattan Club, Harrogate.

Map etc [url="http://www.manhattanentertainments.co.uk/index.php"]on their website[/url]

Rusty, can you do a poster for Rock Steady, plus anywhere else you think its worth putting one up, please?[/quote]

i'll try. i dont have photoshop or anything anymore. but i'll email a couple of friends and see what i can do. Just bung me all the details to go on there.

and again, good woork!