Why become a member? ×

Compressors And Limiters

BOD2

[quote name='Silent Fly' post='559641' date='Aug 3 2009, 08:54 PM']I found this [url="http://www.ovnilab.com/reviews/dynacomp.shtml"]review[/url]. You may find it interesting.

It is part of bigger [url="http://www.ovnilab.com"]Ovnilab Compressor Review[/url] web site.[/quote]

I love it.. simple and no noise easy to adjust and you get great tone.. also it's cheap

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I get it :) - at last an explanation of what compression does and how it can help that even I can understand, thank you BOD2.

I only read this post yesterday and was blown away at how well the subject was put across; I immediately went to the ‘For Sale – Effects’ section looking for something suitable, I’ve spotted a few - I feel a purchase coming on.

By happy coincidence - I was in a recording studio last night with our lead guitarist, overdubbing some vocal tracks onto the instrumental tracks we did a few weeks ago, I was telling him about this compression explanation – he stuck his hand into one of his gig bags and pulled out a ‘BOSS Compression Sustainer CS-3 stomp box’ and said I could have it for free if I wanted it – 'gift horses, mouths' and the like so I took it :) . I know it’s probably designed for guitar but I’ll try it with my Bass anyway.

Thanks again BOD2 for a really informative and well written explination.

Oggy :lol:

• 3 years later...

[quote name='essexbasscat' timestamp='1427534326' post='2731453']
Are there multi channel limiters out there that can be used for multiple PA desk inputs ?
[/quote]
Yep, plenty, see DBX or Behringer. 4 channels of comp/ limit/ gate in 1U is common for live drums processing, amongst other things