Why become a member? ×

Aphex Footswitches

JPJ

Both my 1401 Bass Exciter and 1404 Punch Factory have developed intermitent faults with their footswitches.

As both of these live on top of my amp and not on the floor and are operated by hand, I was wondering whether it would be possible to replace the footswitches with toggle switches?

Any advice?

Also, I was thinking of decanting the innards of both pedals into a 1U rack box along with my NE-1 para-mid and hard wiring the three pedals together with a mains transformer. Again, any thoughts on this or what I should look out for?

I've had the same problem with the Punch Factory. Very nice pedal, but the build quality is too bad for gigging. I particularly dislike the the way the jack sockets aren't fixed to the case, so any hit to the plugs is transferred directly to the circuit board....problem waiting to happen.

I'd thought about transplanting it into a different box with better jacks and switches....but I've never got round to it.

BB