Why become a member? ×

Nice cheap reverb pedal

Super_Mario_Bass

Aha! Reverb! My fave effect. I use it all the time, in a tiny dose through my rig and when recording. It just adds some real 'air' to the sound and playing without it now just feels weird!!

I used to have a Boss RV5 which was excellent, it had some delays built in to it too which was good. You can get them, and the associated RV models used at the good old Ishibashi U-box.

I use the reverb in my pod rack at the moment which is superb and very flexible, but recently for the usual GAS reasons I have been looking at spending money on a completely absurd reverb tank or one of these: [url="http://www.vanamps.com/reverbamate.htm"]http://www.vanamps.com/reverbamate.htm[/url] which is just stupid as it would be literally throwing money away! lol.

Let me know what you go for - one feature I really like on my reverb is the fact you can EQ the reverberated sound, plus choose from various sized rooms, predelay and all sorts.

The Holy Grail looks a bit limited to me and the fact you have to use a specific wall wart is a pain - the Holier Grail looks better specced but is now discontinued, though avaliable from ebay etc..

Ack you have got me looking again!! The Behringer would definitely be a good buy as a first step. It will probably sound great to be honest, but may not last long if you gig often.

Do our effects experts have any ideas? In fact show me anything you can find, I would like to see everything you know of!!

ped

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='vegas_hooker' post='42242' date='Aug 6 2007, 11:49 PM']Holy grail is awesome.

Its pretty limited comparatively, but in a less can be more sense, aside from soundng great, its simplicity beats reverb units that have far too much to tweak IMO.[/quote]

and I have one for sale atm :)

Has anyone tried the Line6 Verbzilla? Apart from the crap name, the reviews I've seen are all quite positive. I hope to do a comparison with an RV-5 sometime soon but wondered if anyone has an opinion.

I used a Boss RV5 for a while and really liked it - it had some delay models in it too which were fun - I recorded [url="http://www.frozencloudmusic.com/~chrishiscocks/Bass%20guitar%20samples/Alembic%20Elan%206%20-%20Her%20two%20moons.mp3"]this [/url]with one of them.

I have not tried a Line6 Verbzilla but if it is anything like the reverb models built into the pod (and from looking at the controls, it looks like it is) then it will be a good piece of kit - The reverb on the pod is fantastic and only beats the boss because of the fact you can use a crossover and 'reverb' a certain frequency range. Fretless with reverb and chorus on the high freq sounds especially sweet!