Why become a member? ×

Cuddly Toy

Hit&Run

Guest Bald Eagle

[quote name='Hit&Run' post='37051' date='Jul 25 2007, 10:41 PM']Does anyone on here have/know the bassline for Roachford's '80s hit 'cuddly toy'?

Don't laugh.

Thanks.[/quote]

No, got some Kajagoogoo though :)

Edited by Bald Eagle

While I'm 'hanging my dirty laundry' from the 80s out, I heard 'love & pride' by (Paul)King today; and that bassline seemed quite tasty as well. I remember liking the song at the time, but being about 4 years old I had no appreciation of the bass.

Get some!

Guest Bald Eagle

The 80's was great, I thought Mick Karn epitomised the fretless sound of the era.

Edited by Bald Eagle

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='38693' date='Jul 29 2007, 11:21 PM']I saw Roachford supporting Terrence Trent D'Arby. You may laugh but it was an awesome gig. Used to have TTD live on VHS.[/quote]

Didn't TTD 'discover' Roachford?

Hamster

[quote name='Hit&Run' post='38747' date='Jul 30 2007, 07:26 AM']TTD's 'Hardline..' album is worth checking out. Didn't he have Cass Lewis handling his low end duties, on a pink Warwick?[/quote]

yep it was a lovely pink thumb
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLBRsuuA1CA"]Terence Trent D'Arby - If You Let Me Stay - video[/url]

Edited by Gizmo

[quote name='wazz' post='38970' date='Jul 30 2007, 01:16 PM']I used to play the song a few years ago.
If there's any bit you are stuck on I can revisit it for you.

Not saying I played it right though but it seemed to work.

Wazz[/quote]

..erm... all of it?

I reckon the intro would be a good starting place, and I could try and wing the rest of it if there was a chord chart or something similar floating around.

Cheers Wazz.

[quote name='Bald Eagle' post='38694' date='Jul 29 2007, 11:21 PM']The 80's was great, I thought Mick Karn epitomised the fretless sound of the era.[/quote]
+1 to that.... & pino & cass
I found myself listening to a lot of John Martyn in the 80's.... (great bassmen like Alan Thompson & John Giblin)