Why become a member? ×

Refinishing my Yamaha BB1200s

I've just had my24 year old Yamaha BB 1200s refinished in black and thought i could live without the Yamaha decal on the head stock. The bass looks stunning in black and i think the Yamaha logo will be the finishing touch. Anyone know where i could get some made??

Here's a piccy of my red BB1200s's logo[attachment=1394:IMG_1877_1.JPG]

Greetings,

Recreating the logo isn't a problem given a photo of that quality plus a good vector drawing program like Adobe Iluustrator, Freehand or CorelDraw (assuming that the logo isn't on one of the logotype websites).

The problem is printing it in white. If you know anyone with an ALPS printer you're quids in, but they're rare.

I'm faced with a similar problem when I get around to refinishing a rather butchered Aria SB-1000, except I need it in gold. I'm planning on experimenting with a full headstock overlay printed on clear waterslide transfer film with the lettering remaining clear whilst all else is black. I'll either spray the face of the headstock gold, or probably gold leaf the areas needed & then apply the transfer over the top so that the gilt shows through the clear. The challenge will be to get my black transfer to be the same shade as the body. Yes, there are shades of Black!

It's all at the theory stage at the moment as I'm at least a month off starting the respray, but a Build Diary will occur when it happens.

The SB is hopefully going under the router next week, it all depends how that pans out.

Pete.