Why become a member? ×

Edinburgh Festival

andy67

Evening folks!

as per the title, the festival is about to begin...any of you fine folks out there playing at/in it or coming up for the occasion?

Its a great time of year and a fantastic event for Edinburgh, going out to see Rumour6's band String Driven Thing tomorrow evening at the Tron bar - that will be way cool!

If any of you are thinking of making an appearance pm me and we could meet up for a beer....

andy

[quote name='andy67' post='37572' date='Jul 26 2007, 11:30 PM']Evening folks!

as per the title, the festival is about to begin...any of you fine folks out there playing at/in it or coming up for the occasion?

Its a great time of year and a fantastic event for Edinburgh, going out to see Rumour6's band String Driven Thing tomorrow evening at the Tron bar - that will be way cool!

If any of you are thinking of making an appearance pm me and we could meet up for a beer....
andy[/quote]

Well, as i live here too, i'll certainly be out and about as much as I can - particularly looking forward to seeing Guy Pratt's show again...

You'll catch me at the Spiegeltent trying not to drink until 3am *every* night....

[quote name='Treeb' post='37765' date='Jul 27 2007, 12:25 PM']And I'm looking forward to Guy Pratt's [i]My Bass & Other Animals [/i]show later in August :)[/quote]

If you haven't seen it before, its bloody brilliant. Going back for the second time this year (probably to hear the same stories again!) but it'll be worth it if he shows off his "Like A Prayer" bassline again.....

A very good guitarist friend of mine is playing with a band called 'Bunny' at the festival.......i got no details lol.
But if you see posters/adverts for it, go along, great guitarist, and really good songs!!

Si

[quote name='slaphappygarry' post='39393' date='Jul 31 2007, 10:12 AM']Bugger it, lets do it.

Ill have a look at some listings and see what we can do about a wee get together sort of thing.

G[/quote]

Nice one Mr G,

I think Steve Lawson is a regular too, at the Lot in the Grassmarket......

[quote name='andy67' post='39460' date='Jul 31 2007, 12:06 PM']thanks for pinning this thread folks!

wildman let me know when you're around to meet for beers!

andy[/quote]

Andy, Usually up tuesday/wednesday and sometimes thursdays. Will give you a shout

Notice Guy Pratt dates are 21-26 Aug, includes a tuesday !!

Bunny are at Fringe Festival Meadows on 12th August if anyone's interested.
If you see them, say Hi to Miles the guitarist from Simon, his bass player lol :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/bunnymusicuk"]http://www.myspace.com/bunnymusicuk[/url]

Si

[quote name='andy67' post='37870' date='Jul 27 2007, 03:39 PM']maybe we could meet for beers if we can coordinate?

16again - I assume you know that NIN are the support for that gig?[/quote]

aye, i know.

even better than that, a friend of mine (a photographer) has got me backstage passes for me and my lady, i cant wait!nothing like that ever happens to me....till now :)

I'm not playing or crewing at the festival this year - a few years ago I did Guitar Tech/sound/video crew for three shows at the fringe. Working 9-5, go to show, finish at 1am and then back to work at 9 - Killer!

I've hired my bass to one of the theatre companies I usually crew with - he needed a fretless while I repair his so he borrowed my Washburn Bantam and I currently have his Ibanez Musician to repair and his Hohner B2av to play with! The company is Tempo Musical Productions and they are performing "Spend Spend Spend"

As to going to see shows - how to decide? So many shows and so many options!

I'll decide as I go along!

Andy :)

I'll be about from 18th. Should be a great laugh. Haven't done the festival in about 5 years so really looking forward to it. If any of you guys are that way inclined, I'm doing a show at the Pleasance called 'The Last Five Years' which for a musical is actually bloody great. Brilliant tunes and lots of fretless shred (got to learn how to play a fretless in the next week, S**t!). Still got to check out the other listings though.