Why become a member? ×

Evenin' All...

iamthewalrus

Hi Ladies & Gents,
Don't remember doing this on either Bassworld or Basstalk but here goes....

I've been playing bass guitar for nearly 23 years. Spent the first 6 playing in originals bands before the realisation that I wasn't going to make it sank in & have spent the last 17 quite happily playing in covers bands in Surrey & Berkshire.

My gear at the moment is: Three 5 string basses (an Overwater J5, a Yamaha TRB5, & a Yamaha BBN5), a Yamaha BBT500H amp & two Epifani UL110 speakers. I have also got some Boss effects pedals (Compressor, Octaver & Chorus) but haven't used those in years.

Favourite bassists: Probably too many to mention, but my all time faves are Jaco, Jamerson, Duck Dunn, Pino & John Patitucci. Only wish I could play like 'em!

Favourite music: Blues, 60's Soul, Funk, Classic Rock (Cream / Led Zeppelin / Stones / The Who), anything by Paul Weller, Bruce Springsteen, Country & Western, Jazz, Prog Rock, Fusion...

Interests outside of music: Being with my wife & stepdaughter, reading, footie (Up the 'Ammers!), watching the odd film here & there & any good documentary.

Am looking forward to joining in with the posters on the site!

Cheers,
iamthewalrus

Welcome iamthewalrus,

Mighty fine taste in music and equipment.......not sure about the football team though! LOL. There already seems like hundreds of bass playing West Ham fans.......how come no bass players, except me, support Stoke - it's just not fair!!!! Watch the Icelanders though.....they may just dump you one day (like they did with us..... grrrrrr).

Anyway.....nice to have you on the Basschat team,

Afram West Ham (as they say in Iceland)

Cheers,

Mart

Edited by woodenshirt

[quote name='G.S.T.Ring' post='2681' date='May 20 2007, 06:05 AM']welcome to dood's home for wayward bassists..... we had to move coz homer kept jumping the fence :huh:
thumper encouraged him to do it.... and the rest is history :)

where are you from?[/quote]

Thanks for the warm welcome gents!

I'm originally from Chelmsford, but moved to Surrey when I was Seven. I lived there until I met my wife three years ago & moved down to Reading.

Woodenshirt - I've been to Stoke quite a few times for the footie, but those were the days of the old Victoria Ground (the days of terracing having now long gone).

Cheers,
iamthewalrus.