Why become a member? ×

Rack Mounting Wireless

mikeh

maybe you could buy a rack tray, like the ones used it IT. Mine has a number of predrilled holes in it that adhere to certain ermm 'mounting standards' if you get me. Anything that doesnt quite fit, I use black cable ties, threaded through the holes to secure the item. I currently have my EBS mulitcomp and PSU strapped to it. Plenty of space for other items!

Sorry, I can't think who made it, but I I suspect Maplin / RS / farnell / CPC may do them.

Hmm, just a thought I guess. The other option,that I have had to do in the past is to put the tray in upside down and the gear 'hung' from what *was* the base plate. completely secure with afore mentioned cable ties lol!

[quote name='dood' post='39175' date='Jul 30 2007, 07:35 PM']Hmm, just a thought I guess. The other option,that I have had to do in the past is to put the tray in upside down and the gear 'hung' from what *was* the base plate. completely secure with afore mentioned cable ties lol![/quote]

NOw thats a good idea!!!

Infact, come to think of it, now I am expecting the delivery of my new Pod XT rack.. do you want my rack tray mate? It just occured to me I wont have room for it! PM me, you can have it for postage if you want.

Dan