Why become a member? ×

Mistaken for James Jamerson!!!

onehappybunny

Just listening to some MP3's of the great man playing (solo - no other instruments, kindly provided on another thread) when my wife turns round and says 'is that you playing?' Ha! Ha! If only! :)

Now, I ought to qualify this by saying that I'm barely competent on the bass, my wife knows nothing about music, even less about bass playing and was not concentrating while reading the paper at the time... but it made me feel good :huh:

[quote name='onehappybunny' post='38187' date='Jul 28 2007, 05:18 PM']Just listening to some MP3's of the great man playing (solo - no other instruments, kindly provided on another thread) when my wife turns round and says 'is that you playing?' Ha! Ha! If only! :)

Now, I ought to qualify this by saying that I'm barely competent on the bass, my wife knows nothing about music, even less about bass playing and was not concentrating while reading the paper at the time... but it made me feel good :huh:[/quote]

It's my dream too be able to say "yes."

You'll get there too! :huh:

I had a similar experience when I was a teenager hanging out a friend's house. I'd just bought the first Jaco album and put it on, trying to play along. My friend's dad walked in while [i]Kuru/Speak Like A Child[/i] was on and said "oh, is that your band's demo?".