Why become a member? ×

Soundcontrol in dire straits

ARGH

[quote name='paul, the' post='41098' date='Aug 3 2007, 09:50 PM']pauls' are 'damage' and modest.
---

You Londoners should all think yourselves lucky. The best basses I have available within a 30 mile radius are Mexican Fenders. And never below £400 used.

Unless a Dean Edge Hammer is a good bass? Only £690[/quote]

So once in a blue moon you have to drive to a big city to buy a bass ... but you have the seaside everyday ... I know which I'd choose :)

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='41715' date='Aug 5 2007, 10:08 PM']unforturnately just went to soundcontrol in hull. It's sh*t, they got rid of all the drums.[/quote]

MB1. :)

"No massa!........... drums stop......very bad....... very bad!".
"WHY DRUMS STOP!...................,VERY BAD?????"
"B..A..S..S S..O..L..O. :huh:

Edited by MB1

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='42450' date='Aug 7 2007, 01:36 PM']^not if your looking for a kit matey. It's all just guitars now, the basses are all off in a room at the side WITH THE PA!!!![/quote]

Hey what's with the negative view point, matey? .....

I'd rather widdle Schooldays in with the PAs than compete with "Smells Like Teen Spirt" played by pre-pubescent Strat fumblers ...

[quote name='OldGit' post='42464' date='Aug 7 2007, 02:03 PM']Hey what's with the negative view point, matey? .....

I'd rather widdle Schooldays in with the PAs than compete with "Smells Like Teen Spirt" played by pre-pubescent Strat fumblers ...[/quote]

TEEN SPIRT!!! :) :huh:

Blimey,you both have a good point.

I would rather have a solitary Bass section ala Mansons.

Agree with the comments on the Birmingham SC, used to have a decent selection but over last two or three years it's just the run of the mill stuff, though I prefered it when it was dark and dindgy back in the Musical Exchanges days. PMT seem to have improved lately but Brums never had a decent selection since Bass Centre closed.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' date='Aug 7 2007, 01:36 PM' post='42450']
^not if your looking for a kit matey. It's all just guitars now, the basses are all off in a room at the side WITH THE PA!!!!

MB1. :)

Makes it easier for the bailiffs to collect them! :huh:

[quote name='douggy' post='41074' date='Aug 3 2007, 08:44 PM']yeah its a good thing
the manager of the newcastle store is now the london manager , a very nice guy called paul

mabye it will have improved down there ( i have no basis of comparison ie only been in when hes managing ) anyway if me getting transferred comes off , i can guarantee im a nice knowledgeable guy so come buy your bass gear off me ( if you guys change your sc oppinions ) ![/quote]

Moving out and up Douggy?

sore loss for the Edinburgh shop! good luck and hope it works out well - you certainly know your stuff - good bloke, knowledgeable and always good to do business with!!

I reckon you have sold me about £1300 worth of gear in the last year alone...

andy:

schecter elite 4
ashdown 8x10
ampeg 410hlf

[quote name='OldGit' post='42464' date='Aug 7 2007, 02:03 PM']Hey what's with the negative view point, matey? .....

I'd rather widdle Schooldays in with the PAs than compete with "Smells Like Teen Spirt" played by pre-pubescent Strat fumblers ...[/quote]

Oh-ho looks like I'll have to try basses with my earplugs in thanks to our own Mr Marks :)
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDsa9YiK0jo"]Smells Like Teen Spirit Bass Line lesson[/url]

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='andy67' post='42967' date='Aug 8 2007, 05:09 PM']Moving out and up Douggy?

sore loss for the Edinburgh shop! good luck and hope it works out well - you certainly know your stuff - good bloke, knowledgeable and always good to do business with!!

I reckon you have sold me about £1300 worth of gear in the last year alone...

andy:

schecter elite 4
ashdown 8x10
ampeg 410hlf[/quote]

aww thanks man , well if your ever down the london way give me a shout ! iv confirmed my transfer so i think im starting next week , ahhhh the ease of a big company !

how is the gear anyway ? still got all of it?

doug

EDIT : actually the other guy from edinburgh ( who i sold a music man to from the form ) had two shennans aswell unless youve changed your picture ?

Edited by douggy

[quote name='douggy' post='43181' date='Aug 9 2007, 10:19 AM']aww thanks man , well if your ever down the london way give me a shout ! iv confirmed my transfer so i think im starting next week , ahhhh the ease of a big company !

how is the gear anyway ? still got all of it?

doug

EDIT : actually the other guy from edinburgh ( who i sold a music man to from the form ) had two shennans aswell unless youve changed your picture ?[/quote]

only the 410hlf!

[quote name='slaphappygarry' post='43208' date='Aug 9 2007, 11:53 AM']Aye doug,

you will be missed up here when you go.....

On the other hand - Do you need any gear looked after whilst you are away :)[/quote]

hahaha im pretty much taking it all with me , and most of the other stuff is on ebay as we speak , my user name is douglaswotherspoon if any of you are interested :huh:

[quote name='cockbongo' post='43211' date='Aug 9 2007, 12:08 PM']Tell Dave he should have paid you more money....[/quote]

i have done loads , to no avail . but london sc pays the same im sure , but you cant beat the cheap gear !

[quote name='andy67' post='43213' date='Aug 9 2007, 12:16 PM']only the 410hlf![/quote]

haha nice hope its still going strong !

Of the 2 shops in Sheffield, one has closed. The other was the original Academy of Sound shop which was Carlsbro before that. It's still open, was in there yesterday to look at a nice Spector Legend 4 for my little boy.

If they do go under, keep an eye out cos in the last few days there will be some incredible deals if you have the balls to go in with hard cash and argue. I ventured to the original Carlsbro shop in Mansfield just as they were going under and got an incredible deal on my Warwick, mostly cos I flashed the cash under the mans nose and wouldn't budge upwards from my original offer.

Richard