Why become a member? ×

New recording

Alun

Hello. I was messing about on my laptop last week and found a load of cool 70s synth sounds that I didn't have a use for so I decided to record some prog rock that would allow me to use them. As it turns out the first track I've come up with hardly uses the sounds I was thinking of, but a rough mix is now online at

[url="http://www.myspace.com/merlinsgavel"]www.myspace.com/merlinsgavel[/url]

The mix needs work ( as does the rhythm guitar track) but I thought I'd put it up for opinions.

Cheers,
Alun

Cheers Ped. Alas, Weasel's Nook only exists in my fevered mind :)

Gear wise, I used..

Keys, strings and drums scored out in Sibelius and exported as a midifile into Tracktion 2.

Then it was played back using-

EZ Drummer for the drums
Synful Orchestra for the violins
Plugsound Free for the pad/piano sound
MDA Piano ( free VSTi) for the straight piano

Live instruments - crappy Aria Action guitar that needed tuning between each take (plus an eBow for the middle bit) and a cheapy Alden violin bass, both through Amplitube Live using an IK Stealthplug soundcard/lead thingie. Both were recorded clean and "amped" afterwards.

And I think that was it.

Cheers,
Alun

Enjoy! They do a lot of good freebies - the electric piano is equally lovely ( you can hear it on [url="http://www.alunvaughan.com/Chemistry%20mixdownMP3.mp3"]this track [/url] ), and they do a good range of free effect plug ins.

Cheers,
Alun