Why become a member? ×

Geddy Lee

NancyJohnson

Morning!
Some of you might be interested in nice recent interview with Geddy over on [url="http://www.bassplayer.TV"]Bass Player TV[/url]. It's in three parts, an interview, a five/six minute piece with Geddy and his basses (all Jazz, all Signature/vintage/custom shop stuff - I was simply drooling at that bit) and a further five/six minute piece with his tech, showing his rack and the basses again.

P
x

[quote name='bassboy115' post='38405' date='Jul 29 2007, 11:44 AM']Does he literally just get a piece of sand paper to the neck to remove the finish?
Does anybody do that?[/quote]
I just saw his Bass Player magazine interview and the answer appears to be exactly that. Not to a vintage neck, though - the neck on his main bass finally wore out and has been replaced with a neck from one of his signature basses.

[quote name='Darcy' post='40741' date='Aug 3 2007, 07:06 AM']I've got the latest album but havnt really give in a good listen, which track is the fretless played on?[/quote]
Malignant Narcissism

[i]Bass Player[/i] now has a pretty long & interesting interview with Ol' Bignose online here:

[url="http://www.bassplayer.com/story.asp?sectioncode=21&storycode=19053"]http://www.bassplayer.com/story.asp?sectio...storycode=19053[/url]

I concur wholeheartedly with his observations about playing fretless! :)

J.

Absolute star, and seemed very down to earth as well. I have an idea that if I phoned Fender up and asked them to send me a Jaco to try, they might just tell me to get stuffed. Got the new album and not really got into it yet, I prefer the older synthy stuff. Nice interview though.

[quote name='brycebites' post='42735' date='Aug 8 2007, 08:31 AM']Johngh - it sneeks up on you. The first time I listened to it was in the car, so no the best place to hear everything and it didn't grab me at all. Another few listens at home and I was still struggling with some of the tracks. I came back to it after a few weeks and it was grabbing me. Put it on yesterday and I can finally say I like it all. What you would call a grower.[/quote]

Thanks mate, Albums that take a bit of getting into are normally the best ones in the end. I need to get it away from the car and onto the HI-FI.