Why become a member? ×

Rickenbacker players

Pookus

• 4 years later...

Randy Meisner from The Eagles. I'm currently halfway through the History of Eagles doc (highly recommended by the way) on Netflix, lots of concert footage of Randy with a Mapleglo 4001.

Edited by PaulGibsonBass

Me. 4001 stereo bought new in 1973. Swapped it for a Travis Bean bass because the rick peeled all the skin off my right forearm.

And predictably I sounded the same with the rick as I did with the Bean or indeed all the other basses I have owned over the years.

I never have understood how people's sound changes just because you are spanking a different bit of wood.

Mind you nobody ever accused me of being subtle on bass.

Tony Pettit of Fields of the Nephilim (though he uses Warwick's these days I believe)

Rocky from Voivod used one for a while, but is usually seen using a Ripper/Grabber.

Geezer only used the 4001 for the Never Say Die Tour video. Apparently, he hated it, but somehow had forgotten his bass that night, and had to borrow one off Glenn Hughes.

Leo Smee from Cathedral switched between a Ric and a Thunderbird.

Scott Reeder used one while he was in The Obsessed & Kyuss, but then switched to Ibanez ATK's.