Why become a member? ×

Modding EH Pedals

jay249

This weekend I decided to try to mod my double muff, i wanted the boss style power on it, I've ordered the parts in from Maplin's, as the ones I bought there yesterday were slightly the wrong size, but I tried the present mod with the right size adapter piece and success! it works! I will need to drill out the cutout on the back slightly to get the boss style socket to fit, I don't care about devaluing it, bought it to use it!

I can finally put my pedal daisy chain to good use.

Also gonna do the same to my Bassballs pedal and I also have a CS3 mod kit on order!

I'll post pics of the finished article when it's all done!

[quote name='jay249' post='38630' date='Jul 29 2007, 09:15 PM']This weekend I decided to try to mod my double muff, i wanted the boss style power on it, I've ordered the parts in from Maplin's, as the ones I bought there yesterday were slightly the wrong size, but I tried the present mod with the right size adapter piece and success! it works! I will need to drill out the cutout on the back slightly to get the boss style socket to fit, I don't care about devaluing it, bought it to use it!

I can finally put my pedal daisy chain to good use.

Also gonna do the same to my Bassballs pedal and I also have a CS3 mod kit on order!

I'll post pics of the finished article when it's all done![/quote]

The Bassballs has 2 internal trim pots that you can mod to have pots on the out side of the case incase you are interested in really messing with it.

Okay.. I've done the mod all fine and dandy but it only works the opposite way around to my bosses, and when in a daisy chain it either doesnt work itself, or stops the boss from working, i have tried wiring it several different ways and cant see what's wrong....could it be because i've took away the battery clip?

If I am correct you should be able to use a 2135AR - 2.1mm to 1/8” Jack www.madisonandfifth.co.uk/docs/PedalSnakeG2.brochure.pdf one end goes onto the daisy chain the other into youe electro haronics pedal. I going to get one soon but I am led to belive this would work rather than modding your pedal. If any one can confirm this I would be very happy!

I think you'll find that because on EH pedals the chassis connectedto 0v (-) and on Boss it's connected to +9v(+), you need to totally isolate the socket from the chassis.

I make and sell adaptor cables and I have a few odd ones that were cut slightly too short. If you want one f.o.c. then pm me.