Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BBT 500H switching

Geejay

Anyone using a Yamaha 500 amp? I've been pleased with mine but want to use the midi switching facility to change sounds mid-song. Can you suggest a good foot controller/ switcher and how to use it. It'll probably become clear when I get one and plug it all together. :)

Edited by Geejay

[quote name='Geejay' post='2588' date='May 20 2007, 12:31 AM']Anyone using a Yamaha 500 amp? I've been pleased with mine but want to use the midi switching facility to change sounds mid-song. Can you suggest a good foot controller/ switcher and how to use it. It'll probably become clear when I get one and plug it all together. :)[/quote]

This might work;

[url="http://www.tech21nyc.com/midimouse.html"]http://www.tech21nyc.com/midimouse.html[/url]

D.

• 2 weeks later...
:)
Thanks for the help guys
I've been watching the 'bay and checked out the cost of a new Midi Mouse. Went into town shopping this morning with my wife and after the fifth clothes shop managed to escape and not only found a copy of Bass Player in Smiths but a used Midi Mouse in the local music shop. Got it home and it works a treat on the amp and uses a power supply I had spare.
Great. It's simple and straightforward to use, seems well built and does the job. Now I'll just have to program in a few mean sounds into the amp.
:huh:
Geejay