Why become a member? ×

drum software

Paul_C

It's fantastic, really realistic sounding. I do find it takes a little while to load up as it has so many samples but it's the best thing I've tried so far. I used it on [url="http://www.myspace.com/merlinsgavel"]this track[/url]. The drums are soloed after the intro, but I think I still have the wav file of the isolated drum track- if you want to hear it, pm me your email address and I'll dig it out.

Cheers,
Alun

I have been toying with EZD since a cut down version came with #2 sons Korg PadKontrol.

There is a cut down Free version that you can download & try from [url="http://www.toontrack.com/ezplayer_free.asp"]HERE[/url], but it is a long way off the full version.

It looks like it might be a quick way to get down a basic track to work too and then tweak to your hearts content later and certainly with the free version it does seem to drop the chosen clip in at the BPM I have set in Tracktion regardless of what it was set at originally.

Currently purchasing the full version is on the backburner as I am also looking at upgrading to Tracktion 3 through the "Ultimate Bundle" route which has a load of extras / plugins including Submersible Music DrumCore. Just seems worth the Ultimate : Project for an extra £40 from DV247

That said if I stayed with Tracktion 2 EZD does look really good from the demoes - but then I suppose it would wouldn't it!?

Sorry that's no help really is it. :)

I use Drums From Hell Superior - the big brother to EZDrummer - in conjunction with a Yamaha DTXpress kit. It's the dogs if you want ultimate control over your drum sound and don't mind a bit of post-production. EZDrummer is better for instant gratification / included loops.

[quote]Not cheap, but 'BFD' gets my thumbs up. All the stuff on my Kaos 7 myspace uses BFD. (see sig)[/quote]

I know one of the engineers who recorded one of the packs for this software. Its all hypersampled so what you get for your money is:

-some of the best drums/kits around

Recorded with:

-some of the best mics around

In:

-the nicest studios around (Air in london for the work he did)]

I have played with it and was blown away.

G