Why become a member? ×

EA 'wizzy' or Bag End?

ThirteenDevils

anyone used either of these cabs? opinions? my 'local' bassmaker deals in both and i fancy summat small and perfectly formed! a nice 1x12! I will be running a Fretless Jazz and a 95 Warwick Fortress masterman through it powered by a Sansamp RBI pre with a Behringer Europower 1500 power amp.
Cheers :)

[quote name='ThirteenDevils' post='2659' date='May 20 2007, 02:46 AM']my 'local' bassmaker deals in both[/quote]

Who's your local bassmaker, I wouldn't mind a look myself :)

OOPS Double post!!

Edited by andyonbass

[quote name='ThirteenDevils' post='2659' date='May 20 2007, 02:46 AM']anyone used either of these cabs? opinions? my 'local' bassmaker deals in both and i fancy summat small and perfectly formed! a nice 1x12! I will be running a Fretless Jazz and a 95 Warwick Fortress masterman through it powered by a Sansamp RBI pre with a Behringer Europower 1500 power amp.
Cheers :)[/quote]

I've use the EA iAmp 200 combo which has the 1x12 in it...

The combo itself is fantastic, for the size and weight I would say you'd struggle to find anything better. My main gig is with a big band so supporting the rest of the band is key - 5 saxes and 8 brass, drums, piano and guitar can make quite a noise when they're all going for it...

I've never had a problem in terms of either volume or sitting in the mix, so would recommend EA gear without any hesitations...

I'm currently think of trying out a similar set up to what you use with a pre/power amp setup - how do you find it? I've been looking at a BBE BMAX F, not sure which power amp, but would almost certainly go for an EA cab...

Cheers

John

ive never used the bag end 12 but do own a 1x15, ive also owned and played through all the ea cabs. I would go for the bag end any day the 1x15 is amazing. The EA cabs sound so dry and clinical to my ears, ive got a friend who also owns a bag end and and EA 1x12 and the ea is gathering dust.......... Bag end cabs are really loud, well made, musical cabs...

[quote name='geoffbassist' post='2820' date='May 20 2007, 12:53 PM']ive never used the bag end 12 but do own a 1x15, ive also owned and played through all the ea cabs. I would go for the bag end any day the 1x15 is amazing. The EA cabs sound so dry and clinical to my ears, ive got a friend who also owns a bag end and and EA 1x12 and the ea is gathering dust.......... Bag end cabs are really loud, well made, musical cabs...[/quote]

I've owned the bag end, the Wizzy, and the MLine - and they're all good cabs. The EA's Wizzy's have a bit more top but still sound warm. The bag ends weigh a ton (3/4" plywood). Of the three my preference would be the MLine. Since the bag end cabinet is so small it doesn't really have much effect on the sound, by shoving in a different speaker you can alter the tone quite a bit. The transmission line EA cabs are technically more advanced. If you're considering a bag end see the Flite I have for sale - I bought this to replace a bag end (dimensions are the same) at half the weight.

Edit: Just realised it's a 12" bag end you're asking about. It's the 15" bag end I had (SD15?) - I never new they did a 12".

Edited by BB2000