Why become a member? ×

Wouldn't it be great if...

jay249

I have a laptop, hooray, and a hifi to hook it up to, wouldn't it be great if we had a little system tray gadget to cut the bass on the audio output (in my case, headphone stereo mini jack, for playing bass along to?

I have a set of Boston Acoustics speakers on my desktop pc and besides being almost 10 years old and still amazing for what they are, the sub has a volume control, which is stunning for playing along to stuff with, but they have to stay put.

Does such a thing exist? i know i can do eq's on media player and so on but i want something easy to switch

EVEN BETTER, something that works on a keyboard shortut 'just like that'

Come on techy computer people!

personally i don't think there would be much point, just turn your amp up- at the end of the day most songs are recorded with barley adequate amounts of bass in anyway.

if you really care, you could just take your hifi out and use your laptop. That's pretty much what it would sound like if you cut the bass.

Edited by EdwardHimself

Nah it wouldn't, my laptop speakers are lacking in everything, the beauty of the knob on the sub i had was that it was physical, and took just a second to fiddle with, i don't think it's pointless at all, as it's annoying me enough having to switch it around in media player, and put the bass back in for general listening
I also disagree with the comment about not enough bass on records, it's all down to the style, i certainly don't think most soul records are lacking in bass, and at the end of the day overpowering bass out of context is an unpleasant thing.

And also, the whole idea of doing this is to keep the overall bass volume in the semi detached that i live in to a minimum, i play between 4 and 6 hours a day every day, there isn't the ability to turn up the amp!

I found that by tweaking the bass knob to cut it a fair bit meant i could practice at the lowest possible volume, yes i'd loose most of the kick but it doesnt hugely bother me.

There must be some software out there to do this!

Edited by jay249