Why become a member? ×

I now have my very own bass!

Baseballfan1456

I went into Guitar Center a couple days ago and I saw a black Fender P-Bass in the store on sale! I figured I wouldn't let the chance to get it pass me up so I bought it! The only problem was that it didn't come with a bag or anything...but oh well, I figure I can get it next time...

Also, I really love the way my bass sounds when I play it :-D

[quote name='Baseballfan1456' post='39838' date='Aug 1 2007, 07:54 AM']I went into Guitar Center a couple days ago and I saw a black Fender P-Bass in the store on sale! I figured I wouldn't let the chance to get it pass me up so I bought it! The only problem was that it didn't come with a bag or anything...but oh well, I figure I can get it next time...

Also, I really love the way my bass sounds when I play it :-D[/quote]

Congrats! - a great choice of bass, doodle away and have fun fun fun :)

Hamster

[quote name='Baseballfan1456' post='39838' date='Aug 1 2007, 07:54 AM']I went into Guitar Center a couple days ago and I saw a black Fender P-Bass in the store on sale! I figured I wouldn't let the chance to get it pass me up so I bought it! The only problem was that it didn't come with a bag or anything...but oh well, I figure I can get it next time...

Also, I really love the way my bass sounds when I play it :-D[/quote]
Welcome to the world of Fender players. The oldest, but still the best.

[quote name='Baseballfan1456' post='39866' date='Aug 1 2007, 09:29 AM']The only thing that sucks though is that I have no amp...so the bass is really quiet...but like I said, the sound is pretty good[/quote]

Congrats! It took me about 7 years to buy a bass that sounded good without an amp :huh:

:)

Welcome aboard!!!

If you can make your bass sound good unpluged, carry on practicing - when you've saved up for an amp - you'll be blown away!!!!

Nice bunch of chaps here - ask away if you have any questions...

Greg

[quote name='dood' post='39986' date='Aug 1 2007, 12:52 PM']Feel free to post some pics! We love to see new purchases! - I love P basses in black too![/quote]

Practically every P bass I've owned was in Black. Odd because I'm not a great fan... but I guess Black Fender Ps are just drawn to me.

Baseballfan1456... ow you have your first bass.. watch out. You'll want more. :)

I don't have a camera with me right now, so I can't take any pics, but I will very soon...

Also, this is the amp i'm trying to save up for, but i'm open to other suggestions...

[url="http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_fender_rumble_series_100210_100_watt_2x10_bass_combo_amp?full_sku=103682894"]The Bass Amp[/url]