Why become a member? ×

if you could only use one brand

nash

Thats silly
Its like saying, "if you could only use one fast food chain starting with an M, what would it be" lol
Lets assume he means one for each, mine, certainly at the moment, would be Ashdown amps and Newtone strings........ and thats what i'm using :)

Si

My old bass was built by Warwick in the '80s. My new bass is being built by Robbie of RIM Custom. My preamp is made by Avalon Design. My power amp is made by QSC. My cabs are made by Acme. My strings are made by DR.

All these companies just do pretty much one thing, be it bass, amp, cab or strings, and do it very well.

So which brand of shop do you like to get your clothes, food, media, electrical goods, from?!

Alex

[quote name='alexclaber' post='40141' date='Aug 1 2007, 06:49 PM']My old bass was built by Warwick in the '80s. My new bass is being built by Robbie of RIM Custom. My preamp is made by Avalon Design. My power amp is made by QSC. My cabs are made by Acme. My strings are made by DR.

All these companies just do pretty much one thing, be it bass, amp, cab or strings, and do it very well.

So which brand of shop do you like to get your clothes, food, media, electrical goods, from?!

Alex[/quote]

tesco lol

Amps - Trace
Basses - Status (oooh, close!)
Strings - Status or DR (got some Black Beauties for my Retroactive, can't wait to put em on and lose the strings in the infinite blackness, wooo)

I'll go back to packing up my flat so I can move :)

[quote name='Alpha-Dave' post='40136' date='Aug 1 2007, 06:38 PM']Warwick for all 3 in 1.

Otherwise ACG bass, DHA/Torres amp, BFM cabs and DR strings.

I like acronyms.[/quote]

You have one of my amp designs from Torres?

Dave

well if i had to use the new equipment from different brands id use:

lakland basses
either fender or ampeg all valve heads and matching cabs
and maybe DR strings. i have a set of blue ones waiting to go on my p-bass

Edited by nash

[quote name='The Funk' post='40399' date='Aug 2 2007, 11:53 AM']Weren't they built by someone else? Did Bergantino make the cabs?[/quote]

Bergantino designed and made the cabs. I think Koch Electronics (who make the Eden valve head) designed and built the head. Real shame that the amp didn't sell well because it's a very nice design.

Alex

[quote name='velvetkevorkian' post='40605' date='Aug 2 2007, 07:32 PM']Just fiendishly expensive, no?

I'd go with Peavey for my one brand, although I'm not sure if they do strings.[/quote]

yes they do. I would aswell, peavey cirrus- peavey pro bass head into 4X1o and 1X15 and with the cirrus strings.