Why become a member? ×

Feedback for TPJ

badgerific

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

without a doubt one Tom is one of the very, very good ones!

i posted a thread asking how to cheaply mike up a double bass for a one off gig, got sent a fishman piezo pickup and preamp to lend for the gig!!

there are very few people in the world who would do something like that (lend something of value to help a stranger), and i'm eternaly greatful!

thanks again :)

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just purchased a set of Villex pickups from Tom. Very nice chap to deal with. Pups exactly as described, well packed and shipped quickly. All in all a pleasure to do business with, thanks Tom.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Did a deal with Tom, swapping out my Lakland for his Stingray - superb comms throughout; absolutely no fuss; and stopped and had a natter over a cup of tea for an hour. A nicer Basschat'er you could not meet. I'd recommend him to you all :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great to deal with Tom on a recent speaker purchase. I Had difficulty making arrangements at my end but Tom stuck to his word and the deal was eventually sealed.

Very considerate person and provided excellent opportunity to check out the gear being purchased and really encouraged me to check it thoroughly before accepting.

Could not recommend more.

PS provided chat, tea and biscuits (Ginger Nuts) so what more could you ask for.

• 1 month later...

Not deal related but just to say that Tom is an excellent paragon of the spirit of basschat!

knowing I was interested in trying out a piece of gear he offered for me to visit him so I could a/b it with my current kit, we filled his wee front room with bass gear and played/nattered away over an hour!

Generous with his time, generous with his gear (he's offered to loan me it even though he's only just received it himself!) and makes a great coffee!

thanks matey!

big shout out to Tom, what a cool guy B) , he loaned me a double bass to work on a project, made great coffee (percolated of course!) and even gave me a mini lesson on how to play the thing, can't say enough nice things about our adopted New Yorker, thanks again Tom and I only hope i can help you with something one day :) please give me a shout if you need a favour, or anything!!!

• 1 month later...