Why become a member? ×

SOLD! Vantage VP 700 Double P Bass Defretted SOLD!

geoffbyrne

This is a VP700 Series Double P Bass with set maple neck, ash body wings round maple & walnut and was defretted by a previous owner.

I bought it as a stripped carcase and have installed 2 x GB P bass pickups (10K) with CTS pots & switch.

The 3 point bridge was gone & beautifully filled when I got it - I found a massive brass (8 string) bridge & fitted it along with a brass nut. This gives great sustain & tone.

The bass remains passive. I've played full gigs with this instrument twice and it played very well.

The pups are each side of where a standard P would be, so the neck is slightly bassier, and, interestingly, the bridge pup is very close to where an MM Stingray pup would be. This is a very punchy pickup. Both together, there is some phase cancellation of certain frequencies, giving a very smooth tone.

Considering the work & costs involved in bringing this back from the dead, I'd like in the region of £100, or would swap for a baritone (longer scale the better) or a reasonable 2x10 cab.

Geoff

Edited by geoffbyrne