Why become a member? ×

Four seasons

stewblack

Finally managed to persuade my occasional weddings/party band to include some disco and funk. One of the tracks they went for is December 1963 (oh what a night) Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons.
What a cracking bass part! There is, apart from a really nice riff running under the verses, a gorgeous fluid run up to the 17th fret, happens only twice and sounds excellent.
'Sfunny my progression from glam through metal to punk and thence onto ska was pretty seamless whilst growing up in the seventies, but there seemed little space for Frankie Valli in that progression. In short I loathed disco when I was young but always had a soft spot for this one.

Was Joe Long responsible for bass on this one - does anyone know for sure?

[i]edit - I put the wrong name down - duh![/i]

Edited by stewblack

[Was Joe Long responsible for bass on this one - does anyone know for sure?
[i]edit - I put the wrong name down - duh![/i]
[/quote]

Sorry Stew you are probably right - I misread your post as was thinking the record was from 63 - stupid boy - I will now go to the dunces corner

[quote name='beerdragon' post='40953' date='Aug 3 2007, 03:55 PM']In the late sixties early seventies i was into prog rock but there was always the odd song with a nice little bass line that used to catch my attention, one was Disco inferno by... bugger cant remember, but i still like to warm up with it now.[/quote]
When my step daughter was 2 she was deeply upset by that song. She was assured they didn't really burn the babies ...

[quote name='beerdragon' post='40953' date='Aug 3 2007, 03:55 PM']In the late sixties early seventies i was into prog rock but there was always the odd song with a nice little bass line that used to catch my attention, one was Disco inferno by... bugger cant remember, but i still like to warm up with it now.[/quote]

Disco Inferno was by the Trammps. Great song. It's on the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack which I swear to God I do not own. :)