Why become a member? ×

Mike Watt Basses

beerdragon

I remember a pic and interview with him in Guitarworld back in 91,and he had this Mashed up,beaten good Tele that was modded to hell and back.

Coincidentally,Primus were being interviewed in the same article,and thats when Les let slip about 'Ler's' shady past with Possessed.

According to Watt in Dec 2004 'The Minuteman bass got stolen in Charlottesville, Virginia.

'I’m using a Gibson EB3 1965 again because it’s got a smaller scale. That’s what I usually play at Banyan gigs. I‘ve modified it put Lane Poor MM pickup (middle) and ZBS400 humbucker (bridge) pickup in it

'I use two four by tens with that live, and I play it with the Stooges too. It’s made out of mahogany.

'The bass I use now is made by Mark Garza who’s a one-man operation, Garza Guitars. This cat called Frank Wilson, another bass player, had it made for me! The thing about music people, I know there’s a lot of competition, jealousy and that but on the other side there’s people you’ve never met are so generous: this cat had this bass made for me. It‘s kinda like a Jazz Bass but it’s been downsized to three-quarter scale because when you get older it’s harder to do the big stretches. I use this Garza bass, it’s yellow, on the Banyan record.

'For amps I use an Aguilar pre-amp DB680 and usually use an Navigator pre-amp then I put it through a QSC PLX3002 power amp and Eden D-410XLT 4x10 don’t use any effects.'

Mickeyboro note: All this of course could have changed by now!!

Edited by Mickeyboro