Why become a member? ×

Schematic Heaven GONE AGAIN

Oxblood

This morning I went to visit one of my favourite web resources: "Schematic Heaven". In case you're unaware, as the name suggests, it's a repository of Amplifier Circuit Diagrams.

It's gone.
It disappeared briefly a wee while back, but soon returned. This time, though, there's an "account suspended" holding page from the host, which suggests that either the site has breached some legal stuff (copyright perhaps?) or that the owner has failed to pay his hosting bill.

There are other such resources on the web, but this was a particularly good one, and losing it is a great shame. I hope it re-surfaces somewhere. :)

Edited by Oxblood

If you go to the wayback machine [url="http://www.archive.org/"]http://www.archive.org/[/url] there are plenty of hits. If you go to the low bandwidth version the articles are still there - not sure what point the switch-off occurred but it was before May 9th this year and after Feb 20th. Point wget at the URL and get your own copy.

[quote name='Oxblood' post='41904' date='Aug 6 2007, 12:22 PM']In the meantime I'm tempted to download every diagram I can lay my hands on and burn it all to disc while I have the chance![/quote]

That's why I suggested wget - it's a handy little program for copying stuff from A to B. Amongst other things, it can be used to
take a complete copy of all or part of a web site. There are probably other Windows programs with point-and-click type
windows interfaces , maybe someone else can recommend a web-site cloning program that is a bit easier to use.

wget is a gnarly command-line thing but I know that it works!