Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Superfly Head

stingrayfan

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='42016' date='Aug 6 2007, 03:58 PM']Anyone help me with some info on Ashdown Superfly heads please? On their spec, they say the head's 250w x2 rather than 500w. How does that work then? Can I get 500w out of it with my 4 ohm cab?

Also Soundcontrol are knocking them out at £199. Is that a good or a great price?[/quote]

You won't get 500w into your 4 ohm cab, you'd get 250w with the option of adding another 4 ohm cab to get 250w from each.

As for price... There are cheaper options out there and several people have voiced concerns about reliability but TBH 250w or 500w it is a lot of amp for £199. It wasn't so long back that £199 would have bought you some hideous Chinese no brand cr*p... Oh sorry that is Ashdown isn't it!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='42018' date='Aug 6 2007, 04:03 PM']You won't get 500w into your 4 ohm cab, you'd get 250w with the option of adding another 4 ohm cab to get 250w from each.

As for price... There are cheaper options out there and several people have voiced concerns about reliability but TBH 250w or 500w it is a lot of amp for £199. It wasn't so long back that £199 would have bought you some hideous Chinese no brand cr*p... Oh sorry that is Ashdown isn't it![/quote]

Oh, you mitch! :)