Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Trace Elliot AH600SMX Bass Amplifier - SOLD

JJTee

Up for sale is my beloved [b]Trace Elliot AH600SMX Bass amp[/b], bought in October 1998 just as Trace were being bought by Gibson. Good condition - as only been gigged 7 or 8 times, and has been used for home use almost entirely. Comes with the original operating instructions, which can also be viewed here: [url="http://www.21frets.com/catalogs/Smx.pdf"]http://www.21frets.com/catalogs/Smx.pdf[/url]

This is a 600w RMS (2 x 300w amplifiers, non-bridgable) stereo amplifier, with:
[list][b]
[*]12-band graphic equaliser (which is switchable and blendable);
[*]The classic Trace Elliot dual-band compressor;
[*]Variable valve/solid state blend input;
[*]2 preshape eq curve settings;
[*]The famous UV backlight (which can be turned off).
[/list][/b]

The rear panel has a multitude of options in terms of output and effects loops etc:

[list][b]
[*]Full range stereo
[*]Bi-amp mono
[*]Bi-amp stereo
[*]High pass stereo line outputs
[*]Footswitch socket (for remote switching the graphic and pre-shape curves - not included)
[*]Tuner output
[*]Mono effects loop
[*]High pass, parallel, stereo effects loop
[*]3 x Balanced DI outputs (Pre EQ, Post EQ left and right)
[*]Full range line outputs
[*]Crossover line outputs[/b]
[/list]

Basically, ALL the bells and whistles!!

[b]Looking for £450 ono[/b] Weighs 25 kg, so I really don't want to post this and would prefer collection/delivery in Surrey/London area. Would be prepared to drive a fair way to meet/delliver.

Edited by JJTee

well interested mate
I have a ah400x head but hasnt got the two outputs.
I read that a 1 x 15 cab needs more power than a 4 x 10 so this would be cool for me,
I may struggle to get to £395 though matey.
is this the tightest yuo could get it down too as id have to sell my amp head after ive bought this one.
sorry to be rude.
kindest regards
john/zggy.

Good question - I'd say you've hit the nail on the head with your description. The GK is generally brighter sounding when set flat, so I tend to back off the treble/presence when playing the Fleabass, but it has a fuller bottom end than the flat TE sound. The TE has a wider palette of tones which I guess is obvious with the 12-band EQ, and you can get most solid state sounds out of it, whereas the GK has THAT sound which is there throughout and which I guess you either love or hate! The TE compressor is great.

Now sold!

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='405834' date='Feb 10 2009, 10:40 PM']out of interest, how does it compare with your GK amp in terms of sound? Are they very similar or does the Trace have that typical Trace type sound (full, growly and bright with scooped upper mids?)[/quote]