What was your first bass and why did you start playing?

117 replies to this topic

#81 bootleg

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:39 PM

View Postbottomfeed, on Feb 11 2009, 01:21 AM, said:

a Jedson bass at 13.... it was sh*te!....looked like this:
Posted Image
...followed by an Audition bass from Woolies!... it was 'shop soiled' (string missing & ding in scratchplate) so I managed to haggle with the shopkeep from 26 to a tenner!....was well chuffed! ... anyone have a pic of an Audition bass?

That's the same as my first one, aged 15. With flatwounds on. It just went thud thud thud. It's a wonder I persevered. It looks kinda cool though, no wonder I got it.

#82 josh3184

Is never happy with his set up

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:42 PM

quite like the look of that oddly enough!
Lefties unite!
BIG LEFTY MARKET THREAD

Using:
1979 Musicman Stingray, sunburst, rosewood
1987 Warwick Streamer Stage One, cherry and wenge

My feedback

#83 bottomfeed

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Life, the Universe & Everything!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:02 PM

View PostSisterAbdullahX, on Feb 25 2009, 11:06 PM, said:

Heh-heh!! This was my first bass as well. Mine was white. My was also sh*te!

Oddly enough.... I was rehearsing at SoundBase studios in Wellington & what did I see?..... One of these Jedsons in cream!!.... bizarre! ...it was soo small!.... could hardly get my fat fingers to fit the frets!.... took me back a bit!
Posted Image
it had them black tape wound strings on it.... weren't they called tru-bass?

Edited by bottomfeed, 05 March 2009 - 07:15 PM.

#84 kiat

No longer a newbie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:22 PM

View Post[al], on Feb 8 2009, 11:37 AM, said:

Another one here !
Started playing bass in the music room cupboard (!) at school, they had a light, a DX7 keyboard, a carlsbro amp, and a and black and white P copy in there, I used to sneak in there and play for hours while there were classes going on outside.
That got me hooked and I used to borrow the bass to rehearse with my first ever band (with whom I played a reunion gig at christmas - 15 years since we'd played together the last time!), then a year or two later I found a Thunder 1A in a pawn shop and my parents bought it for me for my birthday, this was some 20 years ago now, and that bass is sat right behind me - still love it to bits and play it pretty much every day :)

Mine was a (glossy black) Westone Thunder 1A too!

Got it because I had to sell my beloved tenor sax ("naked lady" Conn Conqueror) and the guy in the shop where I sold it (Macari's in London), realised how sad I was about having to do it, took pity on me and thought I should keep musical and offered this bass with a Traynor Bloc80 bass combo for a cut down price. I still have the combo but the bass went missing at some point - am looking forward to having a go on [al]s 1A at some point since I know he has one!
basses : Fender Precision (1973, B neck) ; Squire P-Bass ; AXL Jazz
amps : an 80's Traynor Bloc 80
effects : Pandora PX5D (that's all i got)

#85 Bilbo

Bilbo

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:42 PM

Hondo II Precision copy. Black.

Lived in a musical desert and had a piece of junk guitar but noone to show me how to play it. But I could hear the bass lines and played the basslines on the lower strings of this half-arsed guitar thing until I started work at 17. It was the day I started work that I ordered the Hondo bass and a Carlsboro Cobra bass combo from a catalogue of some kind, can't remember which. Then got an Aria SB700 and a Sound City amp when I first joined a band which I soon upgraded to a Frunt amp and a Wal (1986).
I don't think, therefore I am not...

On with the dance and let the joy be unconfined (whether there's any dance to dance or any joy to unconfine)

Wal Custom Fretless 4 string, Czech 3/4 5 string double bass from Gedo Musik, Acoustic Image Clarus and Ten2EX extension cabinet

Basschat Terms & Conditions
Bilbo's Second Breakfast - feedback thread
www.myspace.com/bilbopalmer
Bilbo's Soundcloud page
http://jazzeast.vpwe....uk/?prefix=www

LEARNTOREADMUSIC

#86 Bassman Sam

Athritic Old Git

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:51 PM

View Postbottomfeed, on Mar 5 2009, 07:02 PM, said:

Oddly enough.... I was rehearsing at SoundBase studios in Wellington & what did I see?..... One of these Jedsons in cream!!.... bizarre! ...it was soo small!.... could hardly get my fat fingers to fit the frets!.... took me back a bit!
Posted Image
it had them black tape wound strings on it.... weren't they called tru-bass?

That was my first bass to. Played a lot of gigs with it before getting a Ricky fretless. What a contrast.
Grumpy athritic old git

#87 Machines

Skynet Command

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,784 posts
  • Interests:F1, Xbox 360

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:54 PM

My first bass was a red Squier Bronco from Express Music in Shirley, Solihull. It cost me 120.

I started playing as I already played guitar, but heard parts to songs on bass and wanted to play those too. If anything - the bass solo on Metallica's Cunning Stunts made me buy one.
:: Basses ::
Lakland Skyline 55-60 (2012 - Ltd Ed Teal Metallic)
Line 6 Variax (2007 - Sunburst)
Fender Precision (2005 - Sunburst)
Spector Q6 Pro (2003 - Holoflash Black)
Peavey T-40 (1979 - Natural)
Yamaha RBX775 Fretless (2003 - Vampire Red Goat Leather)

:: Amplification/FX ::
Genz Benz Contour 500-210
Zoom B3

#88 mcnach

Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts
  • Interests:All things musical and bass in particular

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:12 PM

View PostMachines, on Mar 2 2011, 04:54 PM, said:

... the bass solo on Metallica's Cunning Stunts...

I misread that as "Metallica's Stunning C..."

Edited by mcnach, 02 March 2011 - 07:12 PM.

bass player with Sea Bass Kid - http://www.facebook.com/seabasskid & http://www.seabasskid.com

and The Richt Hoat Chillis and Radge Against The Machine

(1) MusicMan Stingray (2002, 2EQ - now with John East MMSR 3-band preamp), natural with maple fingerboard.
(2) MusicMan SUB, (2003, 2EQ), white with rosewood fingerboard

(3) MusicMan SUB (2006, 2EQ), wine red with rosewood fingerboard
(4) Fender Jazz 75RI (2010, MIJ). 70s spacing. Natural and maple fingerboard. EMG pickups.
(5) Lakland 55-02 (2011), 5-string, MM/J pickups, natural with maple fingerboard.
and also:
OLP MM2, G&L L2000 Tribute, Fender Jazz (2002?) CIJ 75 Reissue, Squier Jazz ('94) with J-Retro, Squier Jazz VM series fretless, Vintage EJM96 Jazz bass, J&D Jazz bass Vintage 75, Cort GB74 super Jazz type,
Retrovibe Vantage 'stingrayfied', Sue Ryder RP-1, Sue Ryder RP-1 fretless, Squier Precision Mike Dirnt, Squier Precision Classic Vibe 50 series, Stagg M300/5 5-string Stingray clone.
-
TC Electronic RH450 head, Genz Benz Shuttle 9.2 head, Genz Benz Streamliner 900, MarkBass LM Tube 800 head, MarkBass CMD121P combo

Barefaced Compact 1x15 cab, Barefaced Big Baby 2, Schroeder mini 10R
-

#89 Mlucas

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:20 PM

I had an Ashton AB-2 starter pack thingy, set me back 140 odd quid, did me well ...until the bridge broke and the tuning pegs rusted up that is!

#90 hillbilly deluxe

Basstard.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:38 PM

Hagstrom H1B,in cherry red bought in 1977 for 35 from Jeavons,Percy Street,Newcastle,as a 16th birthday present.And with my birthday money i bought a FAL phase 50,and an 18" speaker,and built a cab from the instructions in Beat Instrumental magazine.

Same as this.

Attached Files

Bass Doc jazz 5
Bass Doc Precision
Marshall & Carlsboro Amps
Rotosound strings.
EMG Select Pickups.
Whirlwind cables.

#91 mcnach

Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts
  • Interests:All things musical and bass in particular

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:38 PM

I started twice... and a half.

First time was because I had bought my first multitrack recorder, a 4-track tape Tascam 424 I had lusted for for years, and was recording bits of guitar and drum machine... so I figured a bass would be useful to add something to the recordings.
I paid 90 for a Lyon by Washburn plywood P-bass type:

Posted Image

I never liked it, never persevered, and the thing just was there looking sad in a corner. Eventually I sold it to some RAF guy who was about to leave for Kuwait and wanted to take a cheap bass with him.

Fast forward a few years.
I then bought another bass. Same reasons. This time it was a Squier P/J. Much nicer bass. Again, I must have played it for about a month (so two months bass experience now :)) and forgot about it.

Posted Image

The buyer actually sent me a few pictures after he modified it (including a Fender decal):

Posted Image
Posted Image

And there I was. I thought I was done with bass. It just wasn't for me.

But fast forward to 2005. Mid April.
Work related thing, including a jam session. I had brought my guitar and amp. There was one bass player. He played for 10min and disappeared. Nobody seemed interested. I took the bass and someone else took my guitar. I wasn't exactly great, but it worked. I knew the drummer, we used to play together (me on guitar), so we sort of understood eachother... and realised it was a lot of fun to play bass like that. Aha!
Full bar, people dancing... I realised the Power of The Bass, and I thought that was it.
A month later I bought a Jazzbass copy by Vintage.

originally:
Posted Image

with black metal pickguard:
Posted Image

And for about 18 months I played it at least once a month :)

Then I said: "right, playing bass by myself is not as much fun as I remembered... I need to join a band".
In June 2007 I joined the first of many bands that followed... and things just got busier and more interesting. First gig on bass in May 2009 with a funk/rap/blues fusion type of band, followed by another gig the week after with a second band (The Richt Hoat Chillis), and until today.

I sold that Vintage Jazz bass sometime in 2008, as I was planning to move abroad and needed to reduce the amount of material possessions.... but ended up staying, and I still miss that bass, my first real bass.

A few months ago I met the guy who bought it. There were three bands playing. I was in one and he was in another. He played the Jazz. Sounded great.
I wish I could have it back, if only for sentimental reasons.
(It turns out he's a BCer too, I wonder if he reads this and feels all sentimental and decides to sell it back to me :lol:)

bass player with Sea Bass Kid - http://www.facebook.com/seabasskid & http://www.seabasskid.com

and The Richt Hoat Chillis and Radge Against The Machine

(1) MusicMan Stingray (2002, 2EQ - now with John East MMSR 3-band preamp), natural with maple fingerboard.
(2) MusicMan SUB, (2003, 2EQ), white with rosewood fingerboard

(3) MusicMan SUB (2006, 2EQ), wine red with rosewood fingerboard
(4) Fender Jazz 75RI (2010, MIJ). 70s spacing. Natural and maple fingerboard. EMG pickups.
(5) Lakland 55-02 (2011), 5-string, MM/J pickups, natural with maple fingerboard.
and also:
OLP MM2, G&L L2000 Tribute, Fender Jazz (2002?) CIJ 75 Reissue, Squier Jazz ('94) with J-Retro, Squier Jazz VM series fretless, Vintage EJM96 Jazz bass, J&D Jazz bass Vintage 75, Cort GB74 super Jazz type,
Retrovibe Vantage 'stingrayfied', Sue Ryder RP-1, Sue Ryder RP-1 fretless, Squier Precision Mike Dirnt, Squier Precision Classic Vibe 50 series, Stagg M300/5 5-string Stingray clone.
-
TC Electronic RH450 head, Genz Benz Shuttle 9.2 head, Genz Benz Streamliner 900, MarkBass LM Tube 800 head, MarkBass CMD121P combo

Barefaced Compact 1x15 cab, Barefaced Big Baby 2, Schroeder mini 10R
-

#92 mojobass

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:44 PM

i was 14, my first bass was a Marlin sidewinder - metalic silver p/j pups. i initialy started with guitar but got sick of trying to get my fingers into chord shapes quick enoiugh etc, so i thought 'the bass has to be easier its only got 4 strings!!!' so thats how it all began!!!

#93 Blademan_98

The Underdogs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts
  • Interests:Playing Bass and riding bikes. Probably not at the same time......

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:10 PM

My first bass (stolen from my daughter!) was this Wesley P/J thing.

It weights a ton and is really chunky.

I then stole my daughters Ibanez SRX700 because I needed to do a gig and didn't have a bass that would be suitable.

She then sold the Ibanez so I had to buy my own :)

..... so I bought the fretless :)
Fender Jazz
Squier Jazz Fretless
Hohner Headless

http://www.lemonrock.com/underdogs

#94 MikanHannille

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:20 PM

I believe I started with this one 8 years ago:
Posted Image

It was my uncle's, he lend it to me for more than a year since he's not using it. (even now he's not touching it)

Why did I start playing? Just out of interest.

Edited by MikanHannille, 02 March 2011 - 08:21 PM.

#95 Pete Academy

Learn to groove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,034 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:20 PM

My brother started to learn guitar and bought an acoustic. I used to play on it and learned some chords from Bert Weedon's 'Play In A Day' book. Brother bought an electric guitar. One day he turned up with a Vox bass he'd bought for a tenner. I started playing it and we used to jam together.
www.nearlydan.co.uk
Roscoe SKB5
Fender Jazz 1979
Markbass LM3 amplifier
Markbass New Yorker 604 cabs x 2
Korg Pitch Black tuner
Oddly shaped banana

Posted Image

#96 BurritoBass

Rock 'n' Rolla

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts
  • Interests:Country, Soul, Rock 'n' Roll, The 50s, 60s & 70s

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:26 PM

My MIJ Precision which I still have from the late 80s. I started playing because my friends and I were massively into music and we decided to form a band. Happy days! Band was pants mind you!

50s Squier tele bass with Flatwound strings into an Ampeg Portaflex rig

European Blonde Doghouse bass with Gut-a-Like strings

CaseHardin are a Clubhouse Records Artist. Check out our critically acclaimed albums "PM" & "Every Dirty Mirror" on Amazon, on iTunes and see us live too

The Jimmy Sixes play rock 'n' roll / jump blues / rockabilly and perform around Hampshire / Berkshire / Wiltshire

BassChat Terms & Conditions - - - Forum Behaviour Guidelines - - - Rules & Guidelines for The Marketplace

#97 chrismuzz

Rhythm Guitarist Drowner Outer

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,802 posts
  • Interests:Fret Clank, Overdrive

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:35 PM

I started on guitar at the age of 14, but had always been fascinated by bass, especially aftwer discovering Cliff Burton era Metallica! I just never got to give it a proper bash until a friend of mine was looking for a bassist in his band and practically begged me to make the switch I'd been waiting for an excuse to make

My first bass was 8 years ago when my uncle lent me his 1981 Ibanez Musician! To this day i don't know how he trusted a teenager with it but I'll never forget it. That thing was huge, with an even bigger sound!

The first bass I actually owned was a Peavey Dynabass. It belonged to my ex-girlfriend, who after a while ended up with a mate of mine (nice eh?) Well she screwed him over, so as 'compensation' he decided to forget to give it back, and ended up selling it to me for a very reasonable 50 :) I've still got it too! It's a bit knackered now thoughh, due to me attempting to recreate the Billy Sheehan neck bending trick :)
GENERATIONS - Metal Covers - Gig List

BASSES:
Peavey Zodiac DE Scorpio | Peavey Zodiac BXP | Peavey International Series 4 | Peavey International Series 5 | Peavey Grind 6 | Peavey Grind 6

PEDALBOARD:
Stageclix Jack Wireless | Aguilar TLC | Darkglass B3K | SansAmp Programmable Bass Driver DI | Ashdown Lomenzo Hyperdrive | ISP Decimator | Zoom B3
AMP:
Harley Benton BA500H | Markbass CL104

Peavey BAM 210 FOR SALE | Peavey Pro 410 FOR SALE
MISC:
Elixir strings | Newtone strings | Warwick strings | Seymour Duncan pickups | Entwistle pickups | Whirlwind cables | Rock-Wire Cables | Levy's Leather | Diago pedalboards & accessories | ACS earplugs | AKG headphones

My Feedback

BassChat Terms & Conditions - Forum Behaviour Guidelines - Rules & Guidelines for The Marketplace

#98 Wylie

Member of the slide-rule class

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:pinot noir, zinfandel, Pat Metheny Group

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:46 PM

Squier Bronco bass, quite cheap, and not bad at all.

The trio I was in was turning toward jazz and I couldn't play anything like jazz on my guitar, but they could play whatever they wanted to play.

Got the bass and worked out 'Take Five' and some other tunes. I've since had two other basses.

I still play guitar with the trio on some songs -- we do two distinctly different sets -- but the guitar doesn't interest me much anymore. Only the sound of the bass, and exploring its harmonic possibilities, interests me.

Edited by tedgilley, 03 March 2011 - 12:57 AM.

Geddy Lee Jazz Bass; Carvin 250 Microbass amp; Schroeder 210PL

#99 Ghost_Bass

Still wondering if he should had registered on BC... too much GA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:12 AM

My first bass was this:

Posted Image

Early 90's Maison P-copy
I still have it and will keep it because i'm a sentimental fool! I've spent more than it's worth modding it but it sonds amazing (modded pics soon)!

I sarted playing bass because there were too many guitar players betwen me and my friends and somebody had to go to the bass in my first band. Never looked back since! I love playing bass and will be doing it as long as i can!

Edited by Ghost_Bass, 03 March 2011 - 12:13 AM.

Ken Smith BSR5M-G | Yamaha TRB-5PII | Yamaha BB1025X (F/S)

Alembic F-1X + KMT DC5 | Barefaced Super12T | Promethean P5110

Korg Pitchblack | MXR Bass Octave Deluxe | Darkglass B3K | Wren&Cuff TFR | 3Leaf Audio Groove Regulator | EBS Multicomp | Zoom B3

My bands:
www.facebook.com/grooves.banda
www.facebook.com/naoha2sem3
www.facebook.com/bandatilt

My Feedback

#100 PVTele

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:09 AM

Vox Bassmaster - red plywood short-scale 2-pickup thing. 1965. Bought brand new in Camden Road, Tunbridge Wells. Very nearly put me off playing bass altogether.

#101 tomb

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:09 PM

never had a bass of my own... started playing cause my friends needed a big hand guy for the bass
Ibanez SR300 ROM
SWR LA15

#102 danhkr

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:05 PM

A 70's 'style' mn precision, blonde with black guard which I was given. It was noodling about on this that got me into playing.

It was possibly some sort of warmoth/mighty mite combination with a dimarzio model p pickup. It's actually one of the best sounding and playing precisions I've ever played and really regret selling it. Had a great Sid Vicious vibe to it as well.

#103 RickIronWitch

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:20 PM

i have no idea what my first bass was, i do remember it was from the 70's and it was my uncles. Thats why i started playing, because my uncle is a fantastic player of both 4 and 6 strings, this was about 10 years ago when i was 14.
Tanglewood Canyon III
Ultra Octaver
Ampeg SVT 450H

#104 NJE

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:24 PM

Yamaha RBX260 - awesome bass for 160

Started playing because i was a teenager and hoped being in band would make girls kiss me. It doesnt work but i fell in love with bass and was the only bass player in my school amongst god knows how many guitar players....bonus! i also thought bass would be easy, it wasnt.....
Currently using: Roscoe Beck V, Squier Deluxe Active Jazz V, Squier CV 60s Precision, EBS Reidmar, EBS Neo 4x10, EBS Classicline 110
Big fan of these Guitar and Bass Jam Tracks

#105 LiamPodmore

Ummm..... I play bass?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Interests:Anything that sounds good, and some things that don't. Oh, and those computer things, i like them too.

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:22 PM

I told my dad i wanted a guitar one day sometime in 2007. A few weeks later he came home with a battered 1994 Fender Squier Affinity Jazz Bass and a 40w keyboard amp. That bass had the worst action ever, absolutely battered, grounding problems, covered in rust, etc... but i loved it, in the process of rebuilding it at the moment. I started playing for no reason at all, i just wanted to play a guitar of some sort.

Liam
Instruments:
1986 Fender MIJ Precision|2010 Fender Squier Jazz Bass Deluxe V|2007 Ibanez GSR200|Yamaha FJX720SC|
Amps:
Warwick ProFet 5.1|Gear4Music 25B|
Effects/Pedals:
Boss TU-2|MXR M80|Marshall JH-1|Pedaltrain Nano|
Random Stuff:
AudioSpares & Control Cables|Elixir Strings|Fender & Dunlop Straps|

My Photography: Facebook Flickr

A Little Bit Outlaw: Youtube Facebook Twitter

#106 tony_m

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:40 PM

Listening to music or watching a band, I always latched on to the bassline. The thought then struck me "I could do that!", so I acquired a Tanglewood Lone Wolf P-copy, and promptly found that I couldn't.

Umpteen years and several basses later, I'm still trying... :)

#107 Lotusmark2

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:35 PM

My first bass was a cheap ass sunburst Fender P copy bought from a pawn shop in Cardiff. Cost about 40 but meant everything to me at the time... reason for playing, simple, Steve Harris

Edited by Lotusmark2, 03 March 2011 - 08:36 PM.

#108 TRBboy

Kung-Fu Panda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:40 PM

First bass was a white Squier Standard P-bass at the age of about 13.

Didn't have a clue how to set up and look after a bass back then so the action was awful. Got into playing bass after trying piano, violin, trumpet, trombone and euphonium at school. Didn't like any of them, but playing the Euphonium did make me realise that I liked the bass parts, so I started playing bass.

A year or two later, a mate gave me a load of Metallica tapes and that was it - I was out gigging around the town in a metal covers band at the age of 15!

Hated the white colour, so re-sprayed it metallic purple, which I did a fairly poor job of.

Kept the bass for a while before saving hard from paper round, Saturday job, Birthday money, Christmas money, etc, etc. and bought a 5-string Warwick Thumb and a Trace stack!!! Bit of a jump from the squier P.......

Sandberg Basic Ken Taylor 5

Sandberg Bullet Booster 5

Genz Benz Shuttle 9.2 - Vanderkley 212MNT

I

My Feedback

Two Push Charlie Facebook Page

Hereford Soul Choir Facebook Page

#109 AndyBob09

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Music, Bass, Bench Pressing, Speed, Green tea.

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:22 PM

I started playing at age 13 in 2003. I asked my mum and dad for a drumkit for Christmas after having played a bit of g**tar and knowing I wasn't really made out for it. They had issues over the size of a drumkit, where I'd keep it, bla bla bla ... So my dad took me to look at bass guitars and after going round a few Glasgow City Centre music shops, we purchased a Westfield P Bass. I thought it was the bees knees and sounded awesome ... Until I heard my teacher's Musicman Stingray. Needless to say, I now play a Stingray.
Musicman Stingray 5 | Sandberg TM5 | Fender Precision |
For Sale: Sandberg Basic 6 Lined Fretless

Gallien Krueger MB500 | Bareface Midget

#110 el borracho

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:11 AM

Ibanez Blazer borrowed (then bought) off my brother. I only started as I was the singer in a band with no bass player & I was only filling in until we got a bass player. Twenty seven years later....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users