Why become a member? ×

Badass III

acidbass

Hello all,

Simple question really - does the Badass III bridge (which comes with the saddles preslotted) fit onto any Fender body?

I know the Badass III has 3 mounting holes, whereas the normal Fender bridge has 5. Will this make a difference, and does anyone currently use one on any of their Fenders?

Cheers guys,

Danny

You can buy the slotted saddles seperately (they're called BADASS 'Bright Tone' saddles) and they will fit BADASS I and IIs as well as IIIs. They do however, as their name suggests, provide a brighter tone than the original saddles as they use a different metal in their construction. Consequently, I currently run my Precision fitted with BADASS III with old style saddles which provide a more rounded tone, and until recently ran old my Jazz (now sold), which I used almost exclusively for slap, with a BADASS II plus Bright Tones. Can't remember where I bought Bright Tone saddles from, think it was probably guitarpartsresource.com, who are bloody quick in terms of delivery from the USA. They're about $13 each saddle though!
Chris

Edited by Beedster