Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision Bass Lyte Deluxe!

Wheres_One

HI!

Up for grabs here is a Japanese built lightweight active precision Lyte Deluxe bass.

Features:
3 band active EQ
P and soap bar pickups
Jazz bass neck (slim and very fast)
Natural finish on the body (no paint or varnish or laquer, I gues it must have an oil finnish?)
Gold Hardware!

295 pounds ovno

Edited by Wheres_One

[quote name='SlipperySquid' post='43488' date='Aug 9 2007, 09:04 PM']Hiya matey,
where abouts are you based? and does the price include postage?[/quote]

I'm just outside Lincoln. The price doesn't involve postage, I've actually never posted a bass and would be quite nervous about it being damaged...I'd be willing to try it, or meet up somewhere for petrol money.

[quote name='Wheres_One' post='43126' date='Aug 9 2007, 01:41 AM']HI!

Up for grabs here is a Japanese built lightweight active precision Lyte Deluxe bass.

Features:
3 band active EQ
P and soap bar pickups
Jazz bass neck (slim and very fast)
Natural finish on the body (no paint or varnish or laquer, I gues it must have an oil finnish?)
Gold Hardware!

325 pounds ovno[/quote]

How much does it weigh?

[quote name='rohan' post='43757' date='Aug 10 2007, 01:58 PM']This is muchos sexy. Have a bump. I wish i had money :) Looking for a cabinet by any chance?[/quote]

It would depend on the cabinet I guess...I don't have the muscle to for an 8x10" if it's the one in your gear list though! :huh:

hi mate,

Are you open to trades...if so, i've got a Fender USA Jazz (1999) 4 string up for grabs at £595 (recently had a fret stone and full set up at the gallery costing £100). I'm in Grantham, so not far from you...

If that's of interest, could you please let me know how old the bass is?

Thanks
Jamie

[quote name='bassjamm' post='44947' date='Aug 13 2007, 06:57 PM']hi mate,

Are you open to trades...if so, i've got a Fender USA Jazz (1999) 4 string up for grabs at £595 (recently had a fret stone and full set up at the gallery costing £100). I'm in Grantham, so not far from you...

If that's of interest, could you please let me know how old the bass is?

Thanks
Jamie[/quote]

Hi!

I've just been to: [url="http://www.guitardaterproject.org/fender.aspx"]http://www.guitardaterproject.org/fender.aspx[/url]

...to decode the serial number on the headstock and it told me that...

Your guitar was made at the
Fuji-gen Plant (for Fender Japan), Japan
in the Year(s): 1995 - 1996

I am very interested in a USA jazz bass but I have a few bills coming my way so I'm not looking to spend much. Let me know what kind of numbers you are thinking of in this trade and I'll have a serius think. (I don't mind if you reply or PM me.)

Oh yeah! What colour/finish is your bass and what condition is it in? I think the photos show the condition of the Lyte quite accurately.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='74816' date='Oct 15 2007, 09:53 PM']That looks a lot of bass for the money, not sure how much ther r new, but active, strung thru, nice finish, bet it wouldnt look half as sexy in a solid colour.....[/quote]

Yeah, I like to think it's a lot of bass for the money too. You can buy it if you like. I think the solid colour versions of the Fender Lyte don't have the same body wood or the same pickups. This one has a soap bar instead of a J. It's deffinately got a wide range of tones with the electronics it has.