Why become a member? ×

Koch Bass Amps - anyone seen one

warwickhunt

I recall Koch produced a range of bass amps and cabs back in the 90s but for the life of me I've never seen one in the flesh or for sale, anyone any further info. I'm aware that Dolf Koch produced the Sadowsky amp but it's specifically his own brand I was wondering about, nothing on the website other than the guitar stuff.

Funny you should say this I was after a new Valve head a few months ago and went through all my old Bassist magazines and saw the review for the Koch head and cab,It got a great review and when I tried to look for info on the net I found nothing on the bass side,I would love to try one -I once tried a Koch guitar head and was most impressed with the sound and quality.

Feeler:

Im thinking of letting my old Koch head go after many years of sterling service.

Typical "natural warm" feel for this type of head.

Ooozes quality (well, sometimes!)

Comes with:

small head cover (bit dirty but will clean up)
Long solid stand
Two rear wheels.

Cant post for obvious reasons. Callers welcome to call and try out.

^_^ :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' date='Aug 9 2007, 10:03 AM' post='43170']
I recall Koch produced a range of bass amps and cabs back in the 90s but for the life of me I've never seen one in the flesh or for sale, anyone any further info. I'm aware that Dolf Koch produced the Sadowsky amp but it's specifically his own brand I was wondering about, nothing on the website other than the guitar stuff.

MB1. :)
Youve Never seen a koch in the flesh?...........never seen koch for sale?.......looking for secondhand koch?......Im still laughing now!,that could have been part of the problem,not a great name for sales purposes.why didnt he call it dolfin amps and cabs, surely theyre marketing guys must have known?.Finbarr Saunders would have had a field day with this!.Fnarr Fnarr! :huh:

[quote name='MB1' post='43353' date='Aug 9 2007, 04:12 PM']MB1. :)
[b]Youve Never seen a koch in the flesh?...........never seen koch for sale?.......looking for secondhand koch?......[/b]Im still laughing now!,that could have been part of the problem,not a great name for sales purposes.why didnt he call it dolfin amps and cabs, surely theyre marketing guys must have known?.Finbarr Saunders would have had a field day with this!.Fnarr Fnarr! :huh:[/quote]

Oooh Matron! You are naughty! Shut that door!

[quote name='neilb' post='43351' date='Aug 9 2007, 03:11 PM']Feeler:

Im thinking of letting my old Koch head go after many years of sterling service.

Typical "natural warm" feel for this type of head.

Ooozes quality (well, sometimes!)

Comes with:

small head cover (bit dirty but will clean up)
Long solid stand
Two rear wheels.

Cant post for obvious reasons. Callers welcome to call and try out.

^_^ :huh:[/quote]

AAAAAAHHHHH ha a ha ha ha ha ah a.... I nearly Died :)

They had 'em in Aus. for a while. Koch's . Here they were a sunburnt reddish colour, with tubes that went a bluish tinge. Apparently some of the outer covers wore out with frequent use too!