Why become a member? ×

Speaker help/ Advice

stanley_odd

Hi guys,

Never posted here before, would appreciate any help or suggestions for the following problem.

I have an Ashdown ABH200H Combo - Can't remember but I think it is probably mid-nineties construction. Still sounded great until recently one of the speakers got damaged in transit.

I have been looking for a replacement speaker but Celestion don't make this model any more. It is a pair of 16 ohm, 10" Celestion BG10T-150s that are in there at present. As well as being 16 ohm they are also slightly smaller in design than your average 10" speaker.

Does anyone know where I could get a replacement BG10T-150? Alternatively any suggestions for a good replacement for both speakers?

Any help here would be much appreciated,

Cheers again,

Stan

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='43214' date='Aug 9 2007, 12:17 PM']Have you asked Ashdown?[/quote]

Yeah, unfortunately they stopped using these speakers years ago, don't use 16 ohm speakers any more and don't have a suggested alternative...

Edited by stanley_odd

If you're replacing both (and if you can't find one of the exact Celestion driver, then you will have to), don't forget that you don't have to find 16 Ohm units. A pair 4 Ohm drivers wired in series will do the job just as well.

I find it very hard to believe that Ashdown are no longer using 16 Ohm drivers at all, but assuming this is true, then in a 2x10 8 Ohm combo they [u]must[/u] be using 4 Ohm ones. There's no other way to achieve an 8 Ohm load with two drivers.

Edited by Oxblood