Why become a member? ×

Fernandes spares

tuss

I've got an old Fernandes bass with active p.ups that I've owned for years. Unfortunately the pots are knackered and have taken the bass to 2 local shops to try and get it fixed. Neither of them have been able to source the correct pots for the bass so unfortunately I've been unable to use it for the last 2 years. Any ideas where I might be able to source the correct parts? Not had any joy from Fernandes either.

I've been told by the chap who's supposedly fixing it that can doesn't know what impedence the pots should be and cannot find out any information from Fernandes. I must admit I wouldn't have thought there is anything unusual about the pots, but I'm not particularly technically minded it has to be said

[quote name='Hit&Run' post='44496' date='Aug 12 2007, 04:43 PM']Couldn't you use generic pots like the ones available from allparts etc.. or are the ones in your bass unique?[/quote]

[quote name='BOD2' post='44501' date='Aug 12 2007, 04:57 PM']If you can be specific (description/pics) about what you need then someone here can usually help.[/quote]

Unfortunately the bass is not in my possession at the moment, but shold get it back soon

Um... Unless the bass has some really wierd and wonderful active circuitary, the pots are most likely to be either 250 or 500k and either linear or log taper. Surely all your tech has to do is to take them out (they're being replaced anyway you say) and measure them with a multimeter to find out what they are?

Personally I wouldn't let anyone who doesn't seem to have even this level of electronic knowledge anywhere near any of my gear for repair...

• 4 months later...