Why become a member? ×

Clarky's wall of shame

Clarky

I recently bought a 3x10 Epifani cab off Clarky. The cab was exactly as described (excellent by the way) and he kept it for me for a week or two until we could arrange to meet even though he didn't know me from Adam at that time.

It was a pleasure to deal with you Clarky!
All the best
Neil.

• 2 months later...

Bought Clarkys Paul Simonon copy P bass. Bass was dispatched quickly. packed well and I was kept informed at every stage.

I was a bit apprehensive about buying a bass unseen but was reassured by previous feedback and would say to anyone else thinking of purchasing from him to have absolute confidence in the gear and the friendly and competant way he handles the tranactions.

Thanks Clarky!!

• 2 weeks later...

After over 10 years with the same bass bought my second off Clarky within a couple of months of the first. This time a 2009 Fender Jazz Bass, condition was as new, great communication from Clarky at every stage, even when I was away camping. bass arrived on the day requested and was well packed.

Top Geezer! A somewhat less noisy transaction than my last with Clarky (a 6x10 that nealry gave a couple of soundguys kittens), but as before, a spot-on bloke to deal with.
Cheers Clarky, no doubt we'll be in touch again soon :)
C

• 3 weeks later...

A really, really good bloke to deal with. Bought his Olympic White Precision which is absolute perfection. A superb, smooth transaction, the only disappointment being that I couldn't find time to get over to London to meet up with him. Being the top bloke that he is he organised the postage to coincide with the day I was at home.

Here's to the next deal, cheers Clarky

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yet another Beedster/Clarky transaction, this time conducted in the car park of a rather nice looking hotel in leafy Surrey after I got stuck in shocking Sunday traffic on the M25 and Clarky was good enough to divert several miles to come and meet me en-route. By the time we'd met up I'd been sitting in traffic for just under 2 hours and, having left the house in a rush, was desperate for a p*ss, which sadly cut the bass conversation a little short and meant that, from Clarky's point of view, I was probably acting a little oddly and seemed slightly agigated the whole way through!
Anyway, Clarky's renowened taste in basses coupled with his high run rate means I now have a lovely 2009 Jazz which, having rehearsed and recorded with it last night, is not only every bit as good as he said but a revelation given that it's a new Fender. Almost Sadowsky-esque build quality, looks and and feel, and very punchy and growly. Looks like the guys at Corona have finally got their s*it together.
Clarky's a true gent who's always a pleasure to deal with. Must get to one of his gigs soon
Chris

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just sold my P5 to Clarky.

What a nice bloke. Its nice to meet other members and we had a good chat about things and the transaction went very smoothly.

As beerdragon said, its nice people like Clarky that help make this place a good place to hang out.

Cheers mate. Enjoy the new toy.

Clarky and I had never met until I picked up the Fender Precision that he has just sold to me. A thoroughly nice chap, and definitely on the same wavelength when it comes to music/bass tone. Precision/Jazz and punk!

Clarky kept in touch right from the go with information, pictures, and honest information. After knowing how trustworthy he was, I sent the payment for the bass via bank transfer without seeing it/playing it.

I met him in a pub near Oxford Street tube and picked up my new Precision! Its exactly the colour and spec I was after. As I had already seen in the pictures, the case was virtually unused and the case candy was still sealed up. I even got the tag that Fender put round the tuning pegs!

I also got an official black guard thrown into the deal, and it’s fitted with TI flats. Ive always wanted to try flats, so this was a perfect buy.

This is now my main bass that I will gig with.

Clarky is a truly trustworthy and decent guy. Quick and successful sale! Im looking forward to using the bass for the majority of my gigs.

Buy/sell with Clarky with absolute confidence. This bass was in perfect condition. He looks after his gear just like I do.

Cheers

Gareth

• 1 month later...

Just bought Clarky's P5 in great condition for a nice price. I paid in advance with a bank transfer and he didn't do a runner! Also, the next day when mentioning I wanted to try some different strings he offered to post me a set of flats for free. Top bloke!