Why become a member? ×

6 string Guitar pedals?

EOS650

I have a Russian Big Muff and a Memoryman Deluxe that I used while playing guitar, but I was wondering if I can use these pedals for my bass. I wonder because of the range. Guitars being more mid-rangy and bass being more on the low-end. Does it matter?

I also have a Crybaby Wah I was wondering about, too.

Yeah, it's fine. The Big Muff and Memory Man work great on bass. the Crybaby won't sound as good, it'll rob a lot of the bass out of your signal and for that reason, not many people use them on bass. If you want a better, cheap alternative to your crybaby you could always go for the white bass crybaby.

If you can use a blended signal somehow they work ok, I have seperate outputs from the two pickups on my bass and run one throught effects and one clean then recombine into amp wia a stereo eq, gives guitar sounds and keeps the bass there. Alternatively I canuse the fx loop in my Proco Juggernaut.

[quote name='Super_Mario_Bass' post='44272' date='Aug 11 2007, 03:00 PM']guitar pedals are generally ok for a mess-about but rob the bottom end[/quote]

That's what I thought. I probably look into some fuzz boxes made for the bass, but the memoryman is ok, right?

The simple answer is - every make is different. To be honest, it's best to try what you ever you've got your eye on and see if the tone is acceptable. The Crybaby may suck the low end a bit for general bass use but may sound great for solos or isolated riffs.

Plugging your bass into them won't harm them so hook them up and see what you think. Ultimately, no spec sheet in the world can tell you if something sounds good.

Cheers,
Alun