Why become a member? ×

SEX!!!! No, really!

Pbassred

I just don't gig enough. I didn't gig enough when I was younger either. Now that I'm settled into a relationship, I'm wondering what "extras" I missed.

Have you ever pulled at a gig? I mean just by being on stage? I got close a couple of times. Once in Hemel - except the band decided to hold a post gig jam. I turned around and she split. Once recently but ... spoken for. Last saw her in get-a-room mode in the alley with a singer.

So what did I miss? (stories - points for detail!)

The first time around nearly every gig. it was part of the game. we played half the country and i had a girl in every port so to speak. well almost. great fun. got back from a gig in birminham once still in bed at three pm, me mum comes up the stairs and wakes me up and says there's a couple of girls from mid wales at the door they said you gave them your address, ah fame! :)

All I know is that when a lady asks you about your basses 'Why do you have so many' or 'whats the difference between them' and remains present whilst you give a lengthly and considered reply, you are 'in' and can do no wrong from that point onwards!!

IME of course

[quote name='Muppet' post='44036' date='Aug 10 2007, 11:06 PM']I get more female attention gigging as a married bass player than I ever did as a single one. It just ain't fair!![/quote]
Yep. I can only guarantee attention if I'm in a relationship with someone. So at the moment it's a barren land out there... :)

All i know about pulling at gigs is that as a musician it's not always with the sort of girl you'd always want to sleep with. Then i took up stand up comedy - and you get a much classier form of attention that would 'never touch a smelly musician in a million years, but comedians are different' - the quote is genuine.

On the flip side, I've been in bands with female singers/keyboard players and they're always hit on. But i think girls aren't so stupid as to think a one night stand in a strange town, with a strange person who's interested in your persona on stage is a doubleplusgood idea. :)

I met my ex-wife at one of our gigs. Every time I looked into the crowd, she was looking at me and smiling. I found her afterwards and we started talking and... it was all downhill from there. :huh:
Well, we got two wonderful kids out of it, so can't have all been bad. :)

[quote name='Pbassred' post='43869' date='Aug 10 2007, 05:20 PM']I just don't gig enough. I didn't gig enough when I was younger either. Now that I'm settled into a relationship, I'm wondering what "extras" I missed.

Have you ever pulled at a gig? I mean just by being on stage? I got close a couple of times. Once in Hemel - except the band decided to hold a post gig jam. I turned around and she split. Once recently but ... spoken for. Last saw her in get-a-room mode in the alley with a singer.

So what did I miss? (stories - points for detail!)[/quote]

Psychologists' field day!! Don't let you're partner see this :)

[quote name='slaphappygarry' post='43905' date='Aug 10 2007, 06:20 PM']Keep this clean or it will get locked. Anything sexist will be removed.

You have been warned.

G[/quote]

:huh: I'm slightly turned on.

hahaaa, I was at a gig in preston last night. And i was just at the bar afterwards when i got lynched by rather attractive young ladies all taking pictures with me! And then they even took my bass and gear bag to the bus station for me, and only stopped when the bus driver said they either had to pay of i had to carry my own stuff (Dammit) This is the life!

haha. I didnt use my 810. It was a bit pointless with a medium size stage and one of the other bands letting me use an ampeg 410 (the one with loads of holes in it. Canny stand it tbh.)

But i know ill be safe at a good venue with my bass and my GT6B :)

And i got a lift there, bus back! aha.

[quote name='ste_m3' post='44273' date='Aug 11 2007, 08:02 PM']And then they even took my bass and gear bag to the bus station for me, and only stopped when the bus driver said they either had to pay of i had to carry my own stuff (Dammit) This is the life![/quote]Ah, the bus driver was only jealous. He's obviously not getting any. :)

[quote name='ste_m3' post='44273' date='Aug 11 2007, 08:02 PM']hahaaa, I was at a gig in preston last night. And i was just at the bar afterwards when i got lynched by rather attractive young ladies all taking pictures with me! And then they even took my bass and gear bag to the bus station for me, and only stopped when the bus driver said they either had to pay of i had to carry my own stuff (Dammit) This is the life![/quote]
Taking pictures !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DHSS i'd bet !!!

I must say ,for me,Theres nothing attractive about a female at the end of a gig that stinks of Stella and 20 fags. Anyone shallow enough to swoon over a coversband,kinda makes me raise an eyebrow.

Yeah that was a tad harsh but Ive had my run ins with groupies and the 'Oh you play guitar amazing' type (Its not a Guitar..its a Bass). Im past that sh*t now,love me for what I am,not what you think I may be.!

patent a serial killer stare and women and men leave you alone....

Does make it hard to get help lifting gear at gigs though.