Why become a member? ×

SEX!!!! No, really!

Pbassred

[quote name='Muppet' post='44079' date='Aug 11 2007, 01:16 AM']More sophisticated, intelligent ladies are always drawn to the bass player. They appreciate subtle understatement. Unless you're slapping.[/quote]

Rhubarb!

They are attracted to us because we have incredble touch and dexterity, and know how to release monsterous earth moving sounds from small inanimate objects......

Has a parellel on the female human anatomy somewhere but I'll be jiggered if I can find it!

:huh: :huh: :huh: :) :huh:

[quote name='The Burpster' post='44488' date='Aug 12 2007, 04:28 PM']Rhubarb!
They are attracted to us because we have incredble touch and dexterity, and know how to release monsterous earth moving sounds from small inanimate objects......

Has a parellel on the female human anatomy somewhere but I'll be jiggered if I can find it!

:huh: :huh: :huh: :) :huh:[/quote]

Awesome! I wish I could say stuff like that on demand at gigs.. but it would never come to me!

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='44557' date='Aug 12 2007, 07:40 PM']Being as I've been with Mrs.Jazz for over 8 years, I tend to ignore such things at gigs, but I was taken aback by the sheer volume of requests to sign girls' cleavage after we headlined the Welsh International Motorcycle show this May :huh:[/quote]

um.. welllll!! Mr Jazz! What can I say?

No story to top any so far but FWIW, I did once make a Hen Party scream every time I hit a low F. Mainly because they were sat on a raised wooden floor by the side of the stage and were getting the vibrations. In the break they asked me to play more low notes.

The F spot, clearly.

Edited by stingrayfan

As one of my regular gigs is performing as 'Gene Simmons' in Europe's #1 KISS tribute band I have er.... had my [i]fair share[/i] of 'fun' shall we say.... :huh:

I'm not sure whether it's the 7" monster-head stack heels, the lycra, the studded leather or the make-up that does it... Actually, that's crap.... I know EXACTLY what works.... it's the 'tongue' :huh: :huh:

Playing 'Gene' is the coolest gig..... you get to 'officially' letch as lewdly and blatantly as you like at the ladies of your choice and demonstrate what you'd like to do to them with your tongue..... because "that's what Gene does"!! :huh: :)

It's all in the spirit of authenticity don't you know..... :huh:

The 'encores' can then continue back at the hotel.... though in our case that's normally a Travelodge or B&B... :huh:

So, is it me they want to be with.... or is it 'Gene'..... or is it just the 'tongue' that they're interested in?! Who knows..... but in all honesty who cares? :huh: :huh: :huh:

[quote name='ARGH' post='44401' date='Aug 12 2007, 12:17 PM']I must say ,for me,Theres nothing attractive about a female at the end of a gig that stinks of Stella and 20 fags. Anyone shallow enough to swoon over a coversband,kinda makes me raise an eyebrow.
Yeah that was a tad harsh but Ive had my run ins with groupies and the 'Oh you play guitar amazing' type (Its not a Guitar..its a Bass). Im past that sh*t now,love me for what I am,not what you think I may be.![/quote]Harsh? Er yeah, somewhat. Would you like to re-word that sweeping generalisation a bit, or did you really mean to have a pop at those of us who have ever met a partner at one of our gigs?

Never had any kind of reaction after a gig. Unless you count the promoter's mum giving me a peck on the cheek for no apparent reason.

EDIT: I'm pretty much the only musician I've heard of who turns up to gigs with two women and leaves with none.

Edited by The Funk

[quote name='The Funk' post='44807' date='Aug 13 2007, 01:59 PM']Never had any kind of reaction after a gig. Unless you count the promoter's mum giving me a peck on the cheek for no apparent reason.

[b]EDIT: I'm pretty much the only musician I've heard of who turns up to gigs with two women and leaves with none.[/b][/quote]
:) :huh:

[quote name='The Funk' post='44807' date='Aug 13 2007, 01:59 PM']Never had any kind of reaction after a gig. Unless you count the promoter's mum giving me a peck on the cheek for no apparent reason.

EDIT: I'm pretty much the only musician I've heard of who turns up to gigs with two women and leaves with none.[/quote]

Actually, this happens to me too!!!

I got some attention whilst I was with my cheating little @;Xx! of an ex, but since ive been single ive not had any attention whatsoever.

I began to think that bass playing was unattractive to women, it always seems to be the arrogant singer or the ignorant guitarist who seem to get the attention!

Cetera's post - genius! Being gene onstage, well, they are gonna love that aint they?

I met my current flame at one of my gigs, been about 3 years now so thats doing quite well! Having said that in the past I have met a few [u]NUTTERS[/u] who've attached themselves to me (not physically I hasten to add) so its not all a bed of roses!

I'd like to hear a female's story on this, they must get LOADS of blokes cracking onto them. I mean, there's loads of foxy famous bassplayers.... fact....!