Why become a member? ×

KIngs of Leon - 'Use Somebody'

TKenrick

[quote name='TKenrick' post='413941' date='Feb 19 2009, 10:11 AM'][attachment=20530:Use_Somebody.pdf]

This was requested by one of my students, I thought I'd post it here for general consumption. Corrections, advice and comments are always welcome!

Tom[/quote]

Thanks for this, I appreciate stuff like this as I am slowly trying to read so 'simpler' stuff is brilliant.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='TKenrick' post='413941' date='Feb 19 2009, 10:11 AM'][attachment=20530:Use_Somebody.pdf]

This was requested by one of my students, I thought I'd post it here for general consumption. Corrections, advice and comments are always welcome!

Tom[/quote]

Excellent - I've just been told my band are learning this, so the transciption is timely, thanks! Nice to see proper music rather than tab too :)

Edited by simon1964

• 1 month later...

[quote name='TKenrick' post='413941' date='Feb 19 2009, 11:11 AM'][attachment=20530:Use_Somebody.pdf]

Tom[/quote]

Cheers Tom - I've just seen this tune on tonight's setlist (I'm doing a scratch wedding band gig) - it will make life that bit easier!

Mick

Thanks for all the responses guys, its good to know that this kind of stuff is appreciated :)

There are now a few more transcriptions on my blog site (the link is in my sig.), with more hopefully being added as the weeks go by. If anyone has any specific requests then let me know and I'll do my best to transcribe them.

cheers,

Tom

This is a simple but hugely effective song guaranteed to get the most obstinate of audiences tapping their feet.

The secret seems to be to 'really go for it' live, you cant afford to lay back or it'll sound lifeless. Same with Sex on Fire, its got to be driven along imho.

• 5 years later...

Yup all the off beat snare stuff was driving our drummer wild, didn't help the singer was using the snare as his cue lol. Drummer ended up simplifying a bit and we got through it a few times before I decided my woah woahs on BV's sounded so naff we decided to bin it. If I could just persuade the rest of the buggers to do BV's as well, we might be cookin'

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1408904405' post='2534502']
Yup all the off beat snare stuff was driving our drummer wild, didn't help the singer was using the snare as his cue lol. Drummer ended up simplifying a bit and we got through it a few times before I decided my woah woahs on BV's sounded so naff we decided to bin it. If I could just persuade the rest of the buggers to do BV's as well, we might be cookin'
[/quote]
Sadly I don't have the option of binning it as I am playing it on a dep job for a wedding! Previously depped with the same band on guitar without a problem, so I think the drummer may have 'rationalised' it.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1409084644' post='2536246']
I've read that KOL dont use a click track or any metering at all which gives it 'that feeling', it also makes doing covers a bit of a feel thing ime.

Some nice transcriptions there too, I will be back :)
[/quote]

Thanks! I've been pretty slack in keeping the site updated but I have a few new transcriptions that will be ready to upload soon.