Why become a member? ×

Chris Wolstenholmes Fx Board

EskimoBassist

Hey

I know that he uses Rocktron midi controllers, but all the same, does anyone have any High Resolution images of it or preferably the actual stomps whihc he uses? If so could you please post them! I think it would be pretty cool to start a "Gear of the Stars" thread or something, hahha how cheesy.

Thanks anyway
Rich

There isn't a recent one (the most recent is his Absolution one I think). I know for certain:

EHX Russian Big Muff
Human Gear Animato Distortion
Akai Deep Impact (his techs decided to create the world shortage of them by buying shedload :))
Digitech Bass Synth Wah
Boss DD-3
Boss PS-3 (possibly PS-5)
Boss OC-2
Pete Cornish Line Selector

I think that's it. He used to have a Line 6 FM4 and Boss OS-2 as well.

Not a great picture, but it's the Origin of Symmetry setup.

I'm pretty sure he has a Bass Pod too. I'm also adamant that I'm not just copying him.

Edited by Muse_Cubed

[quote name='1976fenderhead' post='45322' date='Aug 14 2007, 04:53 PM']So he controls the stomp boxes with that Rocktron? How does that work?[/quote]

'Tis a MIDI controller, so im guessing each of his FX pedals are linked through some main base unit seperately and then the RockTron unit will control at the tap of a switch the combination of whihc FX are on at each time.

www.rocktron.com

Hope that helps!

Wow this thread is quite popular isnt it!!

Sound Sculpture Switchblade - pretty much the most flexible and comprehensive switching device available (without re-mortgaging anyway) - 16 sends/returns with variable gain and also amp switching into the bargain. Midi controlled and a pretty much infinite number of routing options i.e. want pedals 3 12 and 15 all on? Ok done, what order do you want them in the signal path though? 15, 3, 12 please! Then another patch, I want 12, 3, 15 in series all parrallel with loop 2 whilst you also switch channels on my amp. Done, sir.

Only worth the investment for a pro or extreme - like far, far worse than Tayste or Dood - gear whore who needs to combine different amps, pre's, rackmount fx, stomp boxes etc. in any configuration imaginable.

Edited by G-bitch

[quote name='G-bitch' post='46343' date='Aug 16 2007, 12:08 PM']Only worth the investment for a pro or extreme - like far, far worse than Tayste or Dood - gear whore who needs to combine different amps, pre's, rackmount fx, stomp boxes etc. in any configuration imaginable.[/quote]

Actually I'm getting close to this as I'm switching basses, amps, pedals and levels of blend from my board :huh:

But I'm considering the T-rex Mac1 as it has 2 blendable effect loops :)

[quote name='G-bitch' post='46343' date='Aug 16 2007, 12:08 PM']Only worth the investment for a pro or extreme - like far, far worse than Tayste or Dood - gear whore who needs to combine different amps, pre's, rackmount fx, stomp boxes etc. in any configuration imaginable.[/quote]

OMG! Wooh! I got a name check! COOOEL! ;o) - You are quite correct though... I personally really couldnt be dealing with piles of pedals and controllers all over the floor. I much prefer my POD xt rack and the TC GForce. Everything gets done in a rack and controlled by a single MIDI footboard with CC outboard if necessary.
Just my preference though. Not saying it is right.. just uber-tidy for me.

[quote name='dood' post='46397' date='Aug 16 2007, 01:06 PM']OMG! Wooh! I got a name check! COOOEL! ;o) - You are quite correct though... I personally really couldnt be dealing with piles of pedals and controllers all over the floor. I much prefer my POD xt rack and the TC GForce. Everything gets done in a rack and controlled by a single MIDI footboard with CC outboard if necessary.
Just my preference though. Not saying it is right.. just uber-tidy for me.[/quote]

You have to bare in mind you sound rubbish though :) :huh: :huh:

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='46360' date='Aug 16 2007, 12:24 PM']Actually I'm getting close to this as I'm switching basses, amps, pedals and levels of blend from my board :huh:

But I'm considering the T-rex Mac1 as it has 2 blendable effect loops :)[/quote]

Are you sure the switchblade loops aren't blendable? I'd be amazed if not. It's an amazing bit of kit; our guitarist had the 16GL until the lockup got broken into....... I searched online for this for ages as it's such a distinctive piece of kit but to no avail.

[quote name='parker_muse' post='46474' date='Aug 16 2007, 03:21 PM']Its a combination of Midi controllers (the rocktron) and millions of roadies tweaking knobs!

MY friend got backstage and saw all them running around madly[/quote]

Again, utterly pointless when I heard them - I could hear everything BUT the bass. :)

• 2 weeks later...