Why become a member? ×

Jackson 'Kip Winger' 4-string - *SOLD*

cetera

Time to move another bass on.....

I only picked this up recently and literally haven't touched it since purchase....but as something more important has come up it's pretty much last in/first out.... :)

Here we have an early 90's thru-neck Jackson 'Kip Winger' bass from the 'Professional' range, with active Reflex (EMG clone) pickups. These basses are incredibly well made, very comfortable to play and hardly any different from the full USA models.

The bass is made of beautiful honey- coloured Australian Lacewood, which is lightweight but rich & full sounding.... and the rosewood-fingerboard neck is fast and relatively slim. So, If you're looking for a lightweight, supercharged PJ bass then this is the one for you.

I'm not looking to make a profit, just to get what I paid back.... Will consider a trade for a white Alder bodied Fender P bass (Japan or USA) with Rosewood board.

To be picked up from London/Surrey border (Epsom/Tolworth area) or Central London. I can also ship at buyers expense and by courier or buyers choice.

Edited by cetera

Man, i sooooooo want this bass.
I have a Jackson Futura (USA model) which is alomost the same as this, and its an absolute dream to play and sounds like a super-charged rhino.
If its still up for grabs in a few weeks i'll try to scrape the green together mate.

[quote name='bassbloke' post='45679' date='Aug 15 2007, 11:28 AM']Blimey,

a veritable cornucopia of quality bass gear just round the corner from me.

Are you heading to the bash on Saturday?[/quote]

Unfortunately I probably can't make it...... and not sure I could choose what to bring if I did?!? :)

Where are you based then?

Gary

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='58163' date='Sep 10 2007, 12:50 PM']I'm holding out for one of the Thunderbirds you have :huh:[/quote]

Sorry buddy, I ain't gonna be selling those! :huh:

However, type 'Fernandes Thunderbird' into eBay (worldwide search) and you should see two on there at bargain prices. One is a bolt-on with passive pickups and a full size body, the other is a more expensive thru neck with active pickups and a slightly reduced (3/4 size) body. Both are superb....!

The seller (Mustang_Axeslinger) is the same guy I bought mine from and he comes highly recommended. Let me know how you get on.... :)

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='7string' post='72352' date='Oct 10 2007, 07:37 PM']Nice to know how much i could get for mine, but I'm waaay to attached to it. Anyway, it needs a whammy someday..

New Winger live album and DVD out on November 9. Unfortunately, he plays a Warwick nowadays !![/quote]

I've still got my custom signature model (lacewood, 2 EMG humbuckers, Kahler offset bridge etc) & a rare white version which I won't be parting with anytime soon.... :huh:

Yep, got my order in for this live CD/DVD already.... can't wait! It's gonna be great :)

You're right about his instrument choice. It's gone downhill over the years....
He started SOOO well with a brace of Spectors.... then he changed to Jackson (still nice)... then to Washburn... and now to a new Warwick.... :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Though to be fair, he still uses his Spector, Jackson and a mid 80's Warwick on studio recordings.... :huh:

Edited by cetera