Why become a member? ×

The Bassment (Transcriptions in TAB/Notation)

Simon

Hi Everyone. First off, I hope this doesn't break any rules and is in the right place! Spamming the board is not my intention, just thought people might find my new project of interest. Please remove my post if it's a problem.

I have just launched a new website called [b][url="http://www.thebassment.info"]The Bassment[/url][/b]. The intention of this website is to make available my transcriptions I have created over the past 8 years or so, and my work in the future. Many transcriptions are also contributed by other bass players around the world.

If you think this would be of interest to you please pop by and take a look. Maybe one for the bookmarks? :)

So please drop by. I welcome any feedback on the project, recommendations, criticism etc. Thanks for reading! ;)

The URL is: [url="http://www.thebassment.info"]www.thebassment.info[/url]

Cheers,
Simon

Edited by Simon

Thats a good idea, specially if you host booted out youtube play alongs ....
There's a few transcribers on BC. You should put out a call in the theory forum

PM me if you'd like some website pointers to make it work a bit better for search etc ..

Thanks guys!

I've just realised there are some problems when viewing in IE7, so sorry if you use IE (are people still using that?!?!? LOL).

OldGit, I only registered the domain yesterday, so I'll give the search thing a little time to hit in. My site's are usually pretty good on the Google rankings :)

Hope you enjoy the site!

[quote name='Simon' post='431710' date='Mar 11 2009, 05:38 PM']You'll only find a few Jamiroquai transcriptions there at the moment,[/quote]
LMAO. I right clicked on your link to open it up in another tab while I was reading your post. When I got to this bit I just instinctively closed the window down without looking at it.

I since changed my mind had a quick peek - looks like its going to be a great site. Bookmarked accordingly.

[quote name='stevie' post='431784' date='Mar 11 2009, 06:45 PM']That's a very swish homepage. Good luck with it![/quote]

Thanks mate! Took a while :)

[quote name='Eight' post='431804' date='Mar 11 2009, 07:07 PM']LMAO. I right clicked on your link to open it up in another tab while I was reading your post. When I got to this bit I just instinctively closed the window down without looking at it.

I since changed my mind had a quick peek - looks like its going to be a great site. Bookmarked accordingly.[/quote]

You don't like Jamiroquai then? The old stuff is pure groove dude! :rolleyes:

I will be adding a lot of different stuff soon, hopefully something will appeal to you :D

[quote name='Simon' post='431815' date='Mar 11 2009, 07:19 PM']You don't like Jamiroquai then? The old stuff is pure groove dude! :)[/quote]
Its not my cup of proverbial - but I've nothing against them really. From memory, you're probably right about the groove, I might force myself to have a go with some of your transcriptions - even if I don't like the track I'll probably still learn something from playing a few.

No doubt you'll post something I'll love. You're already a favourite site just for posting modern stuff with actual notation instead of just tabs.

[quote name='liamcapleton' post='432216' date='Mar 12 2009, 10:32 AM']Great stuff Simon... will check it out asap. Hope everything is good with you, haven't spoken in a while![/quote]

Cheers Liam!

All's good mate. Hope you are well!

Bookmarked! Looks like it's going to be a good resource.

I'd be happy to supply my transcriptions. I do them by hand at the moment, so I could either redo them in Sibelius or scan them in. Would that be acceptable? See [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=40069&hl=cinematic+orchestra"]here[/url]. It's rough, and unfinished, but you get the idea.

[quote name='timloudon' post='432257' date='Mar 12 2009, 11:14 AM']Bookmarked! Looks like it's going to be a good resource.

I'd be happy to supply my transcriptions. I do them by hand at the moment, so I could either redo them in Sibelius or scan them in. Would that be acceptable? See [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=40069&hl=cinematic+orchestra"]here[/url]. It's rough, and unfinished, but you get the idea.[/quote]

Hi Tim, sure. If you can Sibelius them it would be perfect! What kind of artists/tracks have you done?

[quote name='liamcapleton' post='432749' date='Mar 12 2009, 06:48 PM']Yeh I'd be cool putting a Chaka Khan tune I've just got through transcribing called 'Fate'. Bass provided by Anthony Jackson... i'll proof-read it later on and send it to you if you're interested mate.[/quote]

Send away mate! The more the better it is as a resource! :)

[quote name='Simon' post='432446' date='Mar 12 2009, 02:21 PM']Hi Tim, sure. If you can Sibelius them it would be perfect! What kind of artists/tracks have you done?[/quote]

I've got over 80 hand written ones. There all seemingly random too, due to the fact that I do them for sessions. And there all sketchy, but there's a few good ones.

[quote name='timloudon' post='433631' date='Mar 13 2009, 01:48 PM']I've got over 80 hand written ones. There all seemingly random too, due to the fact that I do them for sessions. And there all sketchy, but there's a few good ones.[/quote]

Ok then mate. Well if you manage to get any of them in to Sibelius, send 'em along! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello everyone.

I haven't updated this thread for a while. So for those interested in bass transcriptions, more recent updates include the following transcriptions:

Stevie Wonder - Master Blaster (Jammin') (Nathan Watts)
Lucy Pearl - Trippin' (Raphael Saadiq)
Jamiroquai - Starchild (Derrick McIntyre)
Esperanza Spalding - I Know You Know
Incognito - Colibri (Randy Hope-Taylor)

Plus many, many more.

www.thebassment.info

• 1 year later...

Hi Everyone,

Recent updates to The Bassment include the following new and updated transcriptions:

Little River Band - Happy Anniversary
Stevie Wonder - Sire Duke (updated)
Jamiroquai - Talullah (updated)
Steely Dan - Peg (updated)

Plus all transcriptions now available in TAB for those who need it.

All these plus many, many more can be found over at: [url="http://www.thebassment.info"]www.thebassment.info[/url]

• 2 weeks later...