Why become a member? ×

Traben Basses

djhamer

hi all, was wondering if anyone knows where i can get meself a traben, i had one a while back, pheonix 4 in blood red really wish i hadn't sold it, i spotted um on thomann a while ago but they seem to have dissapeared from there, anyone know where i can get one ?

I bought mine off ebay.

There's plenty of bargains still available depending on which model you want.

I got a Traben Phoenix 5 in blood red plus gig bag and (non-Traben) hardcase for £300 inluding 2 day FedEx delivery and no import duty VAT to pay.

YMMV on the payment of duty and VAT.

[quote name='BigRedX' post='45977' date='Aug 15 2007, 06:34 PM']I bought mine off ebay.

There's plenty of bargains still available depending on which model you want.

I got a Traben Phoenix 5 in blood red plus gig bag and (non-Traben) hardcase for £300 inluding 2 day FedEx delivery and no import duty VAT to pay.

YMMV on the payment of duty and VAT.[/quote]

Hi mate,

Can you please point me in the direction of who you bought your Phoenix from? I am looking at getting the same but in black. Did they also supply the hard case? Does it fit the Bass ok?

Thanks,

Jim.

Sorry I must have missed that this thread had been added to...

I was going to buy mine from [url="http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Grand-Central-Music"]Grand Central Music[/url], but in the end a nearly-new second-hand one came up at a better price with all the extras, so I got that instead.

Therefore I can't really advise yous as to how good the store may be except to say that they answered all my questions regarding shipping costs and adding a hard case to the price very promptly and their feedback seems to be pretty good. Just bear in mind when you price your Traben up that if the seller uses USPS to ship to the UK you'll almost definitely have to pay duty VAT and ParcelForces handling fees on it (around 20-25% of the combined cost of the bass plus the shipping cost).