Why become a member? ×

Glut of Warwick Streamers

s_u_y_*

I hadn't really noticed as I'm not looking to buy one (I already have a Streamer LX), but I have been surprised by the 2 Overwaters, 2 Seis, and the 2 Mesaboogie 400+s that are for sale, all of which are rare enough on their own, but there are a whole load of high-end basses and amps in the Classifieds at the moment.

It seems there are a lot of people trying to move their gear on, which could be to do with the time of year: people having time off, so more spare time to get round to taking photos etc. However, I suspect it's actually due to the new, more stable Basschat that we've attracted more people to sell their gear!

[quote name='s_u_y_*' post='46164' date='Aug 16 2007, 02:45 AM']Anyone else a little bemused by the glut of Warwick Streamers on for sale? Not healthy for suppressing that bad bad GAS. :)[/quote]

but probably good for suppressing the sale price

Mine's for sale due to a recent bad Alembic habit (4 string fretted and 5 string fretless) - time to slim down a bit. I've always been happy with the Streamer, even more so with EMG's and Aguilar, but its just not an Alembic.....(some would say thankfully..)

My other basses are Brit made (Manson, Clifton) and really have little used market value compared to the Warwick.

BB

[quote name='Alpha-Dave' post='46190' date='Aug 16 2007, 07:53 AM']However, I suspect it's actually due to the new, more stable Basschat that we've attracted more people to sell their gear![/quote]

I think you are right. Ive just sold a Status Eclipse on here, bought a Stingray, selling it again, and buying one of the Sei's.
I have been surprised by all the Warwicks for sale though.

The thing is, there is a lot of quality stuff for sale on here all the time. It is very hard to surpress the GAS, trust me I know.
Once I've got the Sei, the backline will be next, I just know it !
Congratulations to all concerned for setting up an [u][/u]excellent[u][/u] site.

Edited by Johngh

[quote name='s_u_y_*' post='46164' date='Aug 16 2007, 02:45 AM']Anyone else a little bemused by the glut of Warwick Streamers on for sale? Not healthy for suppressing that bad bad GAS. :)[/quote]
It's sod's law. When you're not looking they're everywhere - the minute you've got some cash together they vanish!

[quote name='Alpha-Dave' post='46190' date='Aug 16 2007, 07:53 AM']However, I suspect it's actually due to the new, more stable Basschat that we've attracted more people to sell their gear![/quote]

Amen! I always make a point of advertising this forum to bassists I meet. More users mean a healthier marketplace to trade in. Compared to eBay, sellers get a better deal and buyers get a safer and more friendlier transaction.

Would be interesting to test out economic theory on trading down these parts.

:) I was going to pass comment on the exact same thing just the other day but suppressed it in case it had an effect on any of the sales (as soon as you say something someone pulls the plug on sales or whatever).

I must say that Warwick prices have been creeping up over the last couple years and I've noted that several ebay 'BIN' prices have been at the top end. However that isn't to say they sell and I've watched one or two basses in particular drop by £50 each time they were relisted and they still didn't get a bite!

I'm sure the whole feast / famine was debated on BC or in a previous incarnation, and it does happen. It wasn't so long back that I noted there were a glut of MM and Sterlings.