Why become a member? ×

Sandberg Clinic Video

3V17C

just poking about on the Sandberg website:

[url="http://www.sandberg-guitars.de/"]Sandberg-Guitars[/url]

and on the [b]'news'[/b] page theres a quite nice little video preview of their bass clinic. 2x bassists, 1xdrummer and some quite nice playing! worth a look IMO. That Sandberg PM bass sounds pretty nice too

peace

c

I was tempted by a surf green maple board California J J 5, but I can't help but shake the preconcieved notion I have that German basses are chunky, heavy, and lacking in the electronics dept?

Anyone care to shake me out of it with some real world experience?

[quote name='ped' post='46265' date='Aug 16 2007, 10:38 AM']I haven't heard many great things about the Sandberg pickups - They look a lot like Delano pickups but apparently are a bit weak.

Cool video, thanks for sharing.[/quote]

Chris, I thought they were Delanos. I have a bullet booster fretless 4 and was always under the impression that it was Delano loaded.

Cant watch the video at work as I will be sacked if I try....

[quote name='Wil' post='46264' date='Aug 16 2007, 10:34 AM']I was tempted by a surf green maple board California J J 5, but I can't help but shake the preconcieved notion I have that [b]German basses are chunky, heavy[/b], and lacking in the electronics dept?

Anyone care to shake me out of it with some real world experience?[/quote]

I can only speak from my experiences of Warwicks but 'chunky' 'heavy'... never! I hear it regularly that Warwick [u]necks[/u] are chunky but I've owned many and I've never ever had one that I would describe thus (however, Dolphin necks are wide)! These have all been thru-necks and I prefer the quality of workmanship on the 80's early 90's models so I have pretty much zilch info on the later bolt-ons but I can't imagine they are any chunkier than some basses that I've tried of late. If you are talking chunky/heavy bodies... absolutely not!

Well that's my bit on that particular German brand.

The Sandberg thing was entertaining, cheers for that!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='46275' date='Aug 16 2007, 11:00 AM']I can only speak from my experiences of Warwicks but 'chunky' 'heavy'... never! I hear it regularly that Warwick [u]necks[/u] are chunky but I've owned many and I've never ever had one that I would describe thus (however, Dolphin necks are wide)! These have all been thru-necks and I prefer the quality of workmanship on the 80's early 90's models so I have pretty much zilch info on the later bolt-ons but I can't imagine they are any chunkier than some basses that I've tried of late. If you are talking chunky/heavy bodies... absolutely not!

Well that's my bit on that particular German brand.

The Sandberg thing was entertaining, cheers for that![/quote]

Agreed, the Bullet booster is not chunky at all (and I also own two Warwicks which are definitely much chunkier!). More like the Ibanez Gary Willis bass (which is why I bought it).

I think the pickups with the sandberg logo are their own, or made for them by someone - the delano pups are badged I think. I read this somewhere on TB when I was researching a PJ 5 bass.

I will try and track it down for you. It could be wrong of course...

ped

Terrabass - pickup with Sandberg logo is called a Sandberg pickup...

The 'Delano' badged pickup on some of the basses is indeed a Delano, however some of the pictures show a Delano pickup when the specs say it is a Sandberg and vice versa - I presume you can choose whatever you want.

[quote name='Wil' post='46264' date='Aug 16 2007, 10:34 AM']I was tempted by a surf green maple board California J J 5, but I can't help but shake the preconcieved notion I have that German basses are chunky, heavy, and lacking in the electronics dept?

Anyone care to shake me out of it with some real world experience?[/quote]

My Marleaux bass was very thin, light and electronically sound. In fact they offer some programmeable electronics!

[quote name='ped' post='46288' date='Aug 16 2007, 11:13 AM']Terrabass - pickup with Sandberg logo is called a Sandberg pickup...

The 'Delano' badged pickup on some of the basses is indeed a Delano, however some of the pictures show a Delano pickup when the specs say it is a Sandberg and vice versa - I presume you can choose whatever you want.[/quote]

Not sure, have to check tonight. But its certainly a strong sound (although that may be the pre-amp) and its definitely not chunky !

Trying to get to the bash for at least the morning, but I am putting the Sandberg into the gallery for a set up tomorrow so wont be able to bring it this time. G string is choking off too much and I cant get it right myself.

If I'm there, will bring the Corvette $$ 5 - as an example of a bass on the chunkier side !